1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Exynos or Snapdragon? What's the difference?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sir0knightfall, Oct 12, 2014.

1. sir0knightfall

Exynos or Snapdragon? What's the difference?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ItnStln511

ItnStln511 Android Enthusiast

I'm curious as well. My last few phones have had a Snapdragon processor and I haven't had any issues.

3. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

If you are a game emulator fan like me, the 64bit architecture of the Ex chip means faster MAME and PSP game performance. I wish the Ex was in all N4s. Samsung does not yet have the capacity to produce chips at the scale needed.

animeware likes this.
  4. animeware

animeware Well-Known Member

I was told by Samsung Snapdragon 805 is also 64bit too.... I could be wrong on this....

5. rushmore

It is 32bit. CPU performance would be much better if 64bit, but is the new 20nm chips for Qualcomm. I have to bite my mental and typing tongue when people state 64bit chips are not a plus unless 64bit OS. That is true for most apps and x86 architecture, but mainly false for Arm designs.

The 64bit A7 as another chip example that destroys the 805 for CPU power and is one year older. iO7 is not 64bit, yet the A7 still kicks CPU butt. Ditto for the new Ex chip and Android is not yet 64bit.

6. blackcar

blackcar Well-Known Member

so how do you get to pick the chip you want?

7. rushmore

The region of the world they are selling them, or if the Ex chip is offered with radios that support your carrier you could buy one from Amazon or eBay.

I think the Ex models are only being offered in Asia.

8. thirstypirate

thirstypirate Well-Known Member

You can't really pick. The chip you get depends on where you live. You could buy a phone online from a different region but the radios will not support LTE in the United States.

9. rushmore

Thirsty Pirate would be a great name for a beer brand and a pub :)

thirstypirate likes this.
  10. ItnStln511

ItnStln511 Android Enthusiast

It would be!

11. icemanchilled

icemanchilled Member

Import, will cost you extra.

12. thirstypirate

thirstypirate Well-Known Member

Maybe I could go into the rum buisness.

13. sir0knightfall

So, basically the exynos chip is better all around because of the 64 bit architecture and the gpu is better also. But it is not available in America and if you import it from a country that has it, it may not have all the correct lte bands and radios. Also Samsung did not use the exynos chips in all the phones because it did not have the compacity to make them. I suspect it might be more expensive to make the exynos chip. I wish Samsung would have waited until they had the chip ready for all note 4's.

14. rushmore

Yep

15. nsa_sailor

nsa_sailor Android Enthusiast

Then everyone would be bitching about not having the Note 4 until the iPhone 8 is out!

There's no pleasing everyone. You can always wait for the Note 5.

:D

16. rushmore

I think the G4 might rain on the N5 parade just like the G3 did to the N4 this year. Except next year it might actually warrant it: Assuming MUCH more power efficient display and 64bit chipset ;)

I would prefer the size of the LG phone over the Samsung. The G3 sound output from the audio jack BTW is 33% higher than sickly weak N4.

Added:

"Funny"! The display sucks on the G3 and the audio output sucks on the N4. Of course there is a chance an app or root can fix the N4 audio output, but the G3 is doomed to it's display.

17. Risley

Risley Well-Known Member

Google a company at the Aventura Mall in Miami Florida called World Phone, they will be selling both versions unlocked. Just remember that the "International Version" with the Exynos will NOT connect to LTE towers in North America, only 4G.

18. sir0knightfall

No Lte, no thanks!

19. sir0knightfall

If I get the note 4, I plan on putting it on metros network. Lte is the only band that is worth using. It's quite ironic, that the only band that is worth using, is faster than any lte bands in the area! I guess that would make metro the fastest here.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews