1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Eye-fi memory card wont connect on GS9+ run 8.0.0

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Brucecs63, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Brucecs63

Brucecs63 Lurker

I have a GS9+ running Android 8.0.0 that wont connect to a Eye-fi Mobi card. It looks like it tries, but I think isn’t allowed. Like there is some sort of Wi-fi security stopping it. I tried looking.. but cant find any such settings. Here is the long story.

My previous handset was running Android 7. I was able to use a copy of the Eye-fi app to load it, entered the activation code and it worked fine. So I know the code and what I am doing is right. Now on my GS9+

Before entering the activation code in the Eye-fi app, the GS9+ sees the wi-fi signal and tries to connect to it by asking me to enter a security key. So I know both the GS9+ and the Eye-fi Mobi card works.

I open the Eye-fi app, enter the activiation code. I take a photo and tell it to transfer it to my smartphone.

Now my GS9+ is already connected to my home Wi-fi system. It sees the Eye-fi memory card Wi-fi signal, disconnects from my home Wi-fi, then reconnects to my home Wi-fi signal, does this over and over as long as my digital camera is turned on. This tells me the phone sees the Eye-fi wi-fi signal and is trying to connect to it, but it cant, so it goes back to my home Wi-fi signal. Makes sense?

This has me thinking that Android 8 has some setting somewhere to either ignore Wi-fi signals that cant connect to the internet.. or it doesn’t like it for another reason. Been all over the setup in the phone, but cant find anything.

One more thing. When I go into wi-fi connections, try to connect that way. It doesn’t ask me for a network key if I press on it. And if I press connect to network, it doesn’t.

2. Brucecs63

Brucecs63 Lurker

bumping up the post, maybe someone has the answer??