• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

F.3.a.r

It has nothing special to offer but thats not to say it isnt a good shooter. Plenty of action and a nice blend of cod and left for dead. The suspense built up as you roam around is spot on. Very eerie. When you consider games like DN Forever and Brink released this year, this is far ahead of those. Not quite as fun as Bulletstorm however.

Upvote 0
So I got it it's a good game overall, not scary but fun as a shooter.

But it has some major flaws
- Horribly short
- Bad FOV (for PC gamers) almost unforgivable in this day and age

The graphics are pretty nice for the most part, and vehicle sections are fun. The story still makes very little sense heh. But it did make me want to try Fear 1 again.

Verdict:
Wait for a sale price. It's an excellent game for $30 game. Not for $50

Upvote 0
So I got it it's a good game overall, not scary but fun as a shooter.

But it has some major flaws
- Horribly short
- Bad FOV (for PC gamers) almost unforgivable in this day and age

Like most games at the moment I've failed to remain focused enough to play through to the end. At least since Crysis 2 to but I had to force myself to like that one. Crysis 2 was quite short as well now I come to think of it.

The graphics are pretty nice for the most part, and vehicle sections are fun. The story still makes very little sense heh. But it did make me want to try Fear 1 again.

Some nice use of lighting and shadow effects here, which without would make the game worthless. I've not played F.E.A.R games before (excluding multiplayer) and from what I've seen of 3 is the game is all about suspence and tense jumpy moments so the atmosphere has been created perfectly in my opinion. There is one scene in the Hardware store just before you get into the center of all the TV monitors that a creature leaps out at a rapid pace crawling along the ground towards you before vanishing. I nearly laid a brown one at that point. But once I was confronted by the possessed guys I lost all interest. It was just like Left for dead without any of the panic.

Verdict:
Wait for a sale price. It's an excellent game for $30 game. Not for $50

I'd say this is about spot on. Its a good game , no question. If you have completed , Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm then give this a whirl. Got friends? then give the co-op a whirl which is the reason I bought it in the first place. I say it like that as the multi-player seems to be dead as dog meat right now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones