• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

F/C after opening contacts?

cc16177

Nov 9, 2009
Lately when I open a contact the phone freezes up as soon as it gets to the screen where it lists all my options for that particular contact (call, text, etc...). It makes no difference whether I search for the contact in the Google bar (which I enabled), if I open them from my "Starred Contacts" folder, or if I open them directly from the contacts list... no difference.

It doesn't happen every time but i'd say it's about 70% of the time, which is very frustrating. The phone locks up for probably about ten to fifteen seconds and then asks if I want to F/C or wait, if I click wait then everything is back to normal and i'm good to go.

Now since yesterday I have installed Beautiful Widgets (which I have heard nothing but good things about), Home++ and Better Keyboard. All of those apps seem to be reliable and not only that but i've actually gone through and removed all apps I didn't really need just to see if possibly one of them was causing the problem.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? All thoughts would be appreciated.

I would like to say that other than this I have had absolutely no problems with my Droid and out of the six phones i've owned in the last year (yes, six
icon_eek.gif
) this has been by FAR the best experience.

This started happening to me. My droid would not make calls, though it would accept calls. I tried power on/off but did not help. It also locked up as soon as I selected to call a contact.

How I fixed it was to hard reset. Don't worry though, after re-registering, it loaded my apps back, even the purchased ones. Very slick.

The echo others heard on the other end of calls also went away after this hard reset.

I have had no further problems since.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones