• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fa-real tho, Y my Hero fallin' apart?

Okay, this is ridiculous and has gone to far. If you cannot or do not have a solution to an inquiry, then you should not comment. It's a sad life to have to hide behind a screen name to HATE, however, many who commented feel more comfortable doing so (I can assure you that in my presence, you would have kept your sly remarks in your head) My language is neither street nor ignorance, but again, many of you have made it apparent that you are only capable of understanding individuals who are just like you and have no diversity at all. It's not my loss however, it's yours.

Again, the sarcasm and sly remarks are unnessesary and if you don't like, can't understand or have a problem with how someone chooses to ask a question, then do yourself a favor and keep the HATE to yourselves.

East it and live:)

to come in hear with an attitude like that and making very hard to read what your asking for you should be lucky you got any help at all i dont care if your on the web or in person it just makes you look stupid plain and simple they are just calling you on that so if you dont like it then learn how to ask in ENGLISH and leave the ebonics at home

Upvote 0
Okay, this is ridiculous and has gone to far. If you cannot or do not have a solution to an inquiry, then you should not comment. It's a sad life to have to hide behind a screen name to HATE, however, many who commented feel more comfortable doing so (I can assure you that in my presence, you would have kept your sly remarks in your head) My language is neither street nor ignorance, but again, many of you have made it apparent that you are only capable of understanding individuals who are just like you and have no diversity at all. It's not my loss however, it's yours.

Again, the sarcasm and sly remarks are unnessesary and if you don't like, can't understand or have a problem with how someone chooses to ask a question, then do yourself a favor and keep the HATE to yourselves.

East it and live:)

I am not a expert in the study of linguistics; nor do I even consider myself to have a great command of the English language. However I will have to argue that there is a difference between 'dialect' and slang.

Dialect is typically used, best of my knowledge, to refer to the subtle or not so subtle differences of how a language is SPOKEN not written. Dialects typically encompass different geographical regions and social classes. Though I am sure it can encompass written language to a certain extent. As an example I say and probably would write "jokey box" opposed to "glove compartment" when referring to the compartment typically located under the dashboard of the front passenger side of a car. It's common for carbonated soft drinks to be referred to as "pop" here while it's "soda" or even just "coke" elsewhere. You're probably wondering where I am going with this....and honestly I can't promise you anything spectacular...but stay with me for another moment.

Let's talk of this diversity you speak of. Sadly it seems these days when the word diversity is used it's often referring to race. I fancy myself a diverse person; but it's not just because I have many friends and business acquaintances from different races or ethnic backgrounds. I would also say that I am diverse because I am empathetic to different religions, cultures, social classes and age groups. However I do not consider myself or anyone else for that matter diverse because they can wade through a post full of purposeful misspellings and made up words.

You are right one thing though. It is ridiculous. It's ridiculous that people who frequent web forums because they honestly enjoy helping others have to put up with crap posts. Your post was not all that bad, but I assure you that it was difficult to understand. Relationships always have two sides and this is a relationship - if you want help you need to be willing to help yourself by attempting to be legible and perhaps even attempting to find out answers on your own.

Now for the spectacular part...I hope. I am going to take a guess based upon your writing style and tone that you are a women - perhaps twenty to twenty six in age. I am also going to guess that you are probably a well kept women whom enjoys the finer things in life like over priced sunglasses with D&G plastered on the side of them and designer jeans. However I am also getting the hint that you are probably educated or in the process of being educated. I make that guess based upon the fact that you have a HTC Hero in the first place and a little bit on your writing style. I've debated on this part but figured I'd go all in; based upon the items above and since you used the word "diversity" I am going to guess that you are also of what is typically referred to as a minority group.

You can keep those answers to yourself (even though I would really like to know if I am right - hey I have an ego) but please realize that what and how you write online, in a class or on a job can have a massive impact on how people view you.

Upvote 0
to come in hear with an attitude like that and making very hard to read what your asking for you should be lucky you got any help at all i dont care if your on the web or in person it just makes you look stupid plain and simple they are just calling you on that so if you dont like it then learn how to ask in ENGLISH and leave the ebonics at home

Come on now! If you're going to challenge Lii to use English instead of Ebonics, you should at least use correct grammar and punctuation (here instead of hear, and you're instead of your). Mix in some commas and periods, because that is one long run on sentence (which can be difficult to read as well). :)

See, I'm an E.O.T (Equal Opportunity Teaser) as well. :p

Upvote 0
Come on now! If you're going to challenge Lii to use English instead of Ebonics, you should at lease correct grammar and punctuation (here instead of hear, and you're instead of your). Mix in some commas and periods, because that is one long run on sentence (which can be difficult to read as well). :)

See, I'm an E.O.T (Equal Opportunity Teaser) as well. :p
did i ever say proper english no i never use commas periods or what not i think i spoke fine english :D:D;):p

Upvote 0
did i ever say proper english no i never use commas periods or what not i think i spoke fine english :D:D;):p

No, I threw in "proper". Since you were differentiating between English and Ebonics, I figured I'd differentiate further. :) Sure you don't wanna mix in some punctuation marks? Thaze might makes it eazya 2 reads fo-shizzle. :D

Upvote 0
As an African American, I understood the post as well. Lii took offense to others that expressed their inability to understand it, or perhaps HOW they expressed it. My only inputs were that whether Lii speaks like that normally or not, he/she chose to make the post in that manner (he/she pretty much stated that). If you make that choice, you can't be so thin skinned when others poke a little fun at it. That's my opinion at least. :)

Upvote 0
Well, as a Brit I had no trouble understanding Lii's post. Dunno what all the fuss is about. :)

In the USA people who talk like this probably could be considered equivalent to what the Brits call Chavs.

Bottom line is that if someone with the handle "boomhower" can't understand you then there is major issues.

YouTube - King of The Hill Boomhauer Promo (as)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones