• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Face recognition not working...?

sushidushi

Jun 4, 2010
The face recognition thing on my X10, which used to put contacts' name by their pictures, now seems not to be working. It was never perfect, of course, but it doesn't seem to be working at all now. Photos that were marked with people's names now longer show the information tags, with the exception of very few.

Could it be that I have somehow turned off the facility? I have used Advanced Task Manager to kill a few applications, but if so I can't find how to switch it back on.

The only thing I have done recently is to arrange photos in to different folders, using the SE file manager on the computer. Might this have affected it?

I am beginning to tear out what's left of my hair. Can anyone offer any suggestions, please...?

Many thanks.

Whiteboy - hardly a useful comment. :mad: If you think that badly of the phone, why even waste your time on this forum, unless you're just being a troll?

Sushi.
I've noticed strange things happen when I've moved photos using OI File Manager on the phone, but when I've moved them just by plugging it into the USB lead and using Windows Explorer, they've been fine. Try moving them off the SD card and then putting them back on just using Windows explorer and see if that helps.

Reactions: sushidushi
Upvote 0
I am having some minor problems with the face recognition software as well. I uploaded a bunch of pics of the same person to the pictures folder. However, I am presented with the option to tag only a few of the photos. Doesn't seem to recognize the face in the rest I guess. Is there a way to force a tag?

The software needs a clear picture of the person, so things like hats or hair covering an eye seem to cause it problems.

I am pretty sure that there is no way of forcing a tag, but if you do ever find a way, do please let us know...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones