• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook 1.5 - Notifications

Not working on my Evo. Stock 2.2 , rooted with Unrevoked.

I don't get ANY notifications whatsoever. Chat works when I initiate it but if one of my friends starts a chat I don't get any notification. There aren't any settings that look any different than before.
This update is half a$$ at best. Who does this kind of stuff??

Upvote 0
lol this is crazy...those of us that want the notifications don't get them those that do get them.

for giggles..log on to facebook on pc/laptop

click on account, account settings, notifications...make sure everything is turned off

also click on mobile and see what is there...on mine there is no info/ a place to add a phone

at the bottom of some of these screens click on apps and settings... then edit settings
look for htc sense and windows phone and edit the settings there. even consider deleting the specific app (it will just read next time you log on)

again my settings within the facebook app on the phone are
interval:never
notifications:active
event invites all three are checked

I get a notification when someone sends me a message but that's it ...

Reactions: alucca
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones