1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Facebook account sync?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by y0bailey, May 19, 2011.

1. y0bailey

y0bailey Member
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    Anyone having any luck syncing w/ facebook? I haven't been able to add it under account settings. I haven't even seen the "sync" screen after adding facebook from market and putting in my info.

Weird? Anyone else?

Advertisement

2. tarpon00

tarpon00 Lurker
    None

May 20, 2011
  3. y0bailey

y0bailey Member
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    I wouldn't doubt that a facebook update will fix things. I am hoping at least. I doubt it is a fundamental flaw with the phone itself, just the programs/software.

4. tarpon00

tarpon00 Lurker
    None

May 20, 2011
    Let's hope so, its pretty annoying without it.

5. rjglenn

rjglenn Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 17, 2010
    Firefighter, agrimechanic
    North Florida
    There is a discussion about this on the verizon webpage forums. They are aware of the problem and are developing a solution. I'm sure it will also include a "fix" for the superoneclick exploit...

6. jbisson131

jbisson131 Lurker
    None

May 27, 2011
    Any update on this? REALLY want this feature!

7. jbisson131

jbisson131 Lurker
    None

May 27, 2011
    Hey everyone,

Has anybody gotten this to work? I'm continuing to pester verizon support through twitter about this issue but all of the employees keep insisting that there is no problem and that there is something wrong with MY phone. If owners of this phone are still unable to use this feature due to a bug in the software we need to be persistant in demanding a fix. At the very least I want verizon to acknowledge that there is a problem with the software. Tell them about what your phone is doing at Twitter

8. tim2011

tim2011 Lurker
    None

Jun 6, 2011
    Bought my phone three days ago, same issue here. Called tech support they referred me to android support. Couldn't get in touch yet. I'll repost if i find anything out.

9. y0bailey

y0bailey Member
    None

Aug 11, 2010
    The general consensus is that VZ will have to release an update. Nothing we can do until that happens.

10. madmanmarz

madmanmarz Newbie
    None

May 10, 2011
    I've been using syncmypix and although it's no where near perfect, it works.

11. tchapman9167

tchapman9167 Lurker
    None

Oct 25, 2011
    just talked to VZWSupport via twitter, they said the commando does not support facebook contact sync, and they said no change to do so is likely

12. nurav

nurav Lurker
    None

Nov 21, 2011
    Why can't i add or sync a facebook account on my samsung galaxy nexus (android 4.0)?

Please fix this, android or facebook, whoever is responsible for this........please.......

13. KatTraxx

KatTraxx Lurker
    None

Dec 29, 2011
    I agree - it's very frustrating!! Please fix !

14. plillevold

plillevold Lurker
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    Just received my brand new Samsung Galaxy Nexus, running Android 4.0. My experience is unfortunately the same as the rest in this thread. In Accounts & Sync, clicking Add Account and selecting Facebook, I'm returned to the list of accounts without Facebook being added. No error messages.

Update: just found this reported issue and this issue over at ICSSGS. Apparently, the Facebook app is not yet compatible with ICS.

15. h20534

h20534 Newbie
    None

Jan 11, 2012
    New York, USA
    Hey guys! Just thought I would spread some light on this subject:

The reason why you can't sync your facebook account to your phone is because currently Google and Facebook are in a bit of a fight. I would post a link for you guys to read it; but apparently I don't have enough posts to imbed a link into mine :thinking: so just go to google and type in "google revokes facebook sync" it's then very first result.

Note that even though the article says "Only for the Nexus S", then policy has spread to other devices as well. The only way you can get Facebook to sync with your phone now is to either just use an older phone (I think the OG Droid still allows you to sync FB) or use a phone that provides one of the manufactures third party skins to step around Googles rules and do it for you. I know Motoblur will do it, and I'm sure Sense will also.

As for the Commando, Casio doesn't offer an alternative so your kinda stuck where you are unfortunately. If you want to sync everyones facebook profile pictures to their numbers in your phone however, you can at least do that through a third party app like "Sync My Pix"