1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Facebook ad on my phone's opening screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Alex Ethridge, May 21, 2022.

1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Newbie

I have an ad on my phone's opening screen that says "Facebook. Find friends and see what's new". To be clear, this is the screen that appears when I turn on the device and before I enter the PIN to access the phone.

I used my desktop computer to make a facebook account several years ago to find a friend from my remote past. Couldn't find that person so closed the account and haven't accessed the account in several years and have never accessed it on any phone I have ever owned.
    • Why am I getting this ad?
    • How do remove it and prevent it in the future?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like adware is on your phone. Did you install any apps recently? Try wiping cache and data for the app and then uninstall it.

You can also verify if this is adware by putting the phone in safer mode which prevents 3rd party apps from running. If it still exists in safe mode then it is a setting on your phone..... Though I can't see any setting or anything on the phone that would do this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 8 release date was September 2017. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 6GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3300mAh battery.

September 2017
Release Date
Reviews