1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Facebook and 2.1 update...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jeepinweezle, Jul 5, 2010.

1. jeepinweezle

jeepinweezle Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Has anyone figured out this problem with facebook not linking photos with contacts? This is annoying...thought this was supposed to be an update not a downgrade

Advertisement

2. sleepyEDB

sleepyEDB Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    Metro Detroit
    I too am now having this problem after recently discovering that my Gmail contacts had stopped syncing.

I backed up my contacts to my SD card and then went into Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Contacts Storage and clicked the 'Clear Data' button. After this, my Gmail contacts re-synced, but now they will not link up with Facebook. When I select a contact in the People app and tell it to link with a Facebook profile, it searches and says 'no matches found'.

I have tried unchecking the 'sync contacts' button under the Facebook section of the Accounts & Sync menu, as well as deleting & re-adding my Facebook account but to no avail. Oddly enough, I am able to view all the photo albums of my Facebook friends under the Photos app.

EDIT: As I was posting this, the Facebook pictures for all my contacts decided to link themselves and now show up as they did before. Typical. :rolleyes:

sleepy

3. Lozer_Kid

Lozer_Kid Well-Known Member

Mine actually link to my phone, but sometimes it just takes a few tries...

4. huffman6977

huffman6977 Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2010
    i can't get the facebook account to work. the facebook for htc works but is not updating. i added friends that have phone numbers attached to there profile and will not sync to my phone. what is the difference between the 2 accounts?

Tags: