1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Facebook and Contact problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UDbball2418, Nov 29, 2009.

1. UDbball2418

UDbball2418 New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    Hey everyone I just bought my Droid Eris today and coming from a BB Tour, I love this phone! Anyway, I was wondering why all my contacts in the "people" section werent syncing with their respective facebook contacts. I realized that my contacts somehow got transfered instead of "John Smith" like I had it in my tour to "Smith John" in my Eris. So facebook doesnt recognize any of their names because they are backwards. I edited one name to put it the correct way and it recognized it and said 1 facebook link conact. I really really do not want to edit every contact I have so is there a way to switch all of these somehow? Any help would be greatly appreaciated

Advertisement

2. DroidDO

DroidDO Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2009
    How did you originally transfer your contacts from your BB to the Eris?

3. UDbball2418

UDbball2418 New Member

Nov 29, 2009
    When I bought my Eris at the verizon store, they took my BB and hooked it up to their machine and transferred the contacts that way. I did have a leaked 5.0 OS for my BB. Maybe that had something to do with it? If i take it back to verizon would they be able to clear all my backwards contacts then re do it? What is the best solution?

4. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Mechanical Piping Designer
    Delaware
    when my bb (storm) was still active i got the google sync app, i synced up my contacts to my google account. when i got my eris i simply added my google account to the phone and automagically synced the contacts....pretty sweet

5. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    NYC
    Yea, on my dumb phone i had alot of nickanmes for people or just their first names...so I have to go through and individually link each one to their facebook page.

Something to do when bored during my office hours.

6. mss12

mss12 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Where can I tell it to link all the names with facebook at once instead of individually?