• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Facebook and system lag, solutions?

Download the app off (meaning not from from...use a third party site) of google play and it will install. Did for me last I tried it.

I'm getting this on the website using a desktop browser (firefox)
qhWzyWF.png

And this on the Google Play app

FyecoRe.png

Reactions: Maigi
Upvote 0
Try apkmirror (it's run by Androidpolice.com and the devs allow older versions of their apps to be hosted there). It's not available in the UK and that's where I got my copy.

As stupid as this sounds, I found Facebook Lite to be incredibly laggy though.

Failing that, the best FB alternative I've found is Metal.

Upvote 0
Try apkmirror (it's run by Androidpolice.com and the devs allow older versions of their apps to be hosted there). It's not available in the UK and that's where I got my copy.

As stupid as this sounds, I found Facebook Lite to be incredibly laggy though.

Failing that, the best FB alternative I've found is Metal.

But I'm in the USA :/

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I don't see any options for Facebook Notifications like I see with 'Metal'
That's stuff I don't care about. My life doesn't revolve around social media. If I want to check, it's easy. Who needs notifications that take up background memory and that are running all the damn time? Not me.

So this application might not be for everyone, but it works for those not needing the full monster on their device. How do you think they were able to keep the size under 1mb.....It does what I want and nothing more

Upvote 0
That's stuff I don't care about. My life doesn't revolve around social media. If I want to check, it's easy. Who needs notifications that take up background memory and that are running all the damn time? Not me.

So this application might not be for everyone, but it works for those not needing the full monster on their device. How do you think they were able to keep the size under 1mb.....It does what I want and nothing more

I see where you are coming from but I use Facebook and the rest like cellular texting. If family didn't use Facebook I'd probably wouldn't be on there myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones