1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Facebook and system lag, solutions?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ShapeShifter499, Feb 24, 2016.

1. ShapeShifter499

ShapeShifter499 Android Enthusiast

So I've pretty much narrowed the issues of system lag on the LG Volt to Facebook, it seems to be the source of all my woes. It just bogs down the system. Any alternatives? Sure I could use the website in a browser, but it's not as nice.

2. Ph0enix_216

Ph0enix_216 Android Enthusiast

Swapper, Greenify, and Recently

3. ShapeShifter499

Greenify didn't seem to work as well, maybe because I allowed notifications? Oh and recently? Isn't recently for 5.0+? I'm currently on KitKat

4. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

It's the worst coded app ever lol

I used to use it but since I switched to the browser I save battery and my devices run much smoother. :)

5. ShapeShifter499

6. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Android Expert

Download the app off (meaning not from from...use a third party site) of google play and it will install. Did for me last I tried it.

7. ShapeShifter499

I'm getting this on the website using a desktop browser (firefox)
    [​IMG]

And this on the Google Play app

[​IMG]

Maigi likes this.
  8. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Try apkmirror (it's run by Androidpolice.com and the devs allow older versions of their apps to be hosted there). It's not available in the UK and that's where I got my copy.

As stupid as this sounds, I found Facebook Lite to be incredibly laggy though.

Failing that, the best FB alternative I've found is Metal.

bg4m3r and Curtis1973 like this.
  9. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Android Expert

You can revert back a version or two. You aren't missing anything I assure you. They are constantly updating it,breaking things,repeating etc. ..complete spyware lol

Maigi likes this.
  10. ShapeShifter499

But I'm in the USA :/

11. ShapeShifter499

El Presidente and MLSS like this.
  12. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert

So I tried Metal and after 10 minutes I paid the 1.69 for the pro version. It's basically the Web browser version of Facebook and Twitter but they did add some teeming options and a few other goodies.

Definitely a great find. [emoji217]

El Presidente likes this.
  13. El Presidente

VIP Member

Yeah, that's the one. It's not perfect as it's essentially a wrapper for the mobile version of the site, but it is the best alternative I've found (stuff like Spatio and Friendcaster no longer work).

Not tried it with twitter yet as I rarely use twitter.

14. ShapeShifter499

Metal looks good, got the Pro version off the bat. Thank you for the suggestion @El Presidente

El Presidente likes this.
  15. El Presidente

VIP Member

No problem. :)

MLSS likes this.
  16. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Metal is based on Tinfoil, which is free and works fine.

SlimSocial is another option and works great. (I use this one for FB and Twitter)

17. dvdavid888

dvdavid888 Android Enthusiast

I use Trillian as an alternative to Facebook Messenger app and my browser and get notification

18. dvdavid888

dvdavid888 Android Enthusiast

• INTEROPERABLE: Of course, Trillian wouldn't be Trillian without support for Facebook Chat, Google Talk, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo!, and XMPP.

19. HasH_BrowN

HasH_BrowN Android Expert

20. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Weird...it used to for me too, but installs fine now. Here's the apkmirror page for it. It's usually current with the store.

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebook-2/lite/

21. ShapeShifter499

22. HasH_BrowN

HasH_BrowN Android Expert

That's stuff I don't care about. My life doesn't revolve around social media. If I want to check, it's easy. Who needs notifications that take up background memory and that are running all the damn time? Not me.

So this application might not be for everyone, but it works for those not needing the full monster on their device. How do you think they were able to keep the size under 1mb.....It does what I want and nothing more

23. ShapeShifter499

I see where you are coming from but I use Facebook and the rest like cellular texting. If family didn't use Facebook I'd probably wouldn't be on there myself.

dvdavid888 and HasH_BrowN like this.
  24. SykkNyzz

SykkNyzz Android Enthusiast

UC Browser... IMO

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews