1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Facebook Android Widget Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chrisuki, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Chrisuki

Chrisuki Lurker

Hey guys and gals

Firstly newbee here and just wanna say what a great forum this is for us Android people!

Anyway got my DHD the other week and the FB widget was working fine but the last couple of days it's totally died! Just says refreshing statuses on the home screen and when i remove it and add it back then the widget is totally blank and i can't even then get to FB through the widget!

Any solutions, tips, etc as i like to FB once and a while and thought this widget was a handy tool....

Thanks

Advertisement

2. El Kroket

El Kroket Well-Known Member

Are you still using the stock facebook app (the one that was installed when you bought your dhd)? If so I would advice you to update it and see how it goes... It's definitely worth it since it has more features. You have to go to the android market search for facebook and install it, this will replace the old stock one with the latest facebook app.

I'm not 100% sure this will do the trick, but it's worth the try

Cheers

3. Chrisuki

Chrisuki Lurker

Yeah i tried that and no change, well actually i lie it started to work again but then the widget just stopped updating again.. So i have kinda gave up now and have removed the widget from one of my home screens

Thanks tho!

4. shorty1

shorty1 Lurker

Hi, when you say Facebook widget do you mean the friend stream? As I have a similar problem using it with other social media sites. I did remove the link to the account, but it removed contact info for those people who supplied it from linked in. When I recreate the link it worked fine again for about a month. Any help would be great here too. Thanks

5. mihailmi

mihailmi Lurker

Try this:

On the computer turn off platform apps and then deactivate FB account;
    On the phone logout from FB app and delete FB cache.
    On the computer reactivate FB account.
    On the phone login into FB app.

It worked for me. I don't know if all steps are needed. If interested in platform apps you may try skipping the turn off step.

carterzn likes this.
  6. carterzn

carterzn Lurker

yay for the search feature!

i was having a similar issue and this fixed it for me. however i didn't deactivate my entire FB account as that seemed a little drastic to me.

i just deactivated all platform apps: How do I turn off Platform applications and websites? - Facebook Help Center | Facebook

7. dexikiix

dexikiix Lurker

"Error while disabling applications
    There was an error while disabling applications and websites. Please try again."

Great... Man I don't own one single piece of technology that just plain works how it should all the time.