1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Facebook App Erased My Phone Contacts

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by supersix, Mar 1, 2010.

1. supersix

supersix Member

Jan 24, 2010
    I just activated the Facebook app on my motorola droid and set it to "Sync with existing contacts." Then when I went to my phone's contacts they were all gone except for 5 seemingly-random contacts, three of which aren't even in my Facebook contacts.

This is a major problem for me. I had nearly a hundred contacts on my phone.

Does anyone know how I can get them back?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisement

2. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Are your contacts synced with a Gmail account?
    Or just Facebook?

3. supersix

supersix Member

Jan 24, 2010
    I don't know. I didn't know you could sync your phone's contacts with your gmail account. How would I check? Thanks.

4. supersix

supersix Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Okay I just checked my gmail account. Yes, all my contacts appear to be there. How do I get them back onto my phone?

5. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Lol... I Don't know. My Hero just did it automatically... It kind of p!$$ed me off though, because at that time, I had never payed attention to my contacts list, and it had saved EVERY address that I had sent an email to. lol.

It just automatically did it when I started my phone...

I would start by reading the manual/novel that comes with the Droid. I can't imagine this being all that different from any other Android phone, could it?

PS: take heed from my warning... Go to your GMAIL account, and sort through all of your contacts first... It litterally added everyone that I have ever emailed... lol. Not cool in my book.

EDIT: SEE NEXT POST.

6. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    In your GMAIL app on your phone, set that up, then in your phone settings list, (assuming it is the same as other android phones)

Settings>Data Sync>Google>there is different options on the next screen... :)

7. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    CVS Photolab Technician
    Toms River, NJ
    Go to setting>accounts and sync then click your gmail account and check all three of the options there. Your contacts should come back.

8. supersix

supersix Member

Jan 24, 2010
    I tried that and the three setting where already checked. But I checked again and my contacts were still missing. Then I unchecked and rechecked the three boxes, but still to no avail...

9. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Try turning your phone off, then back on?

10. supersix

supersix Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Okay, I figured it out: In my phone's contacts settings unders Display Options it was set to only show one category of my contacts, not "All Other Contacts" (since I haven't categorized mine into separate folders.) So I just set it to show "All Other Contacts" and they all show up now.

Thanks for your help everyone!

11. NCKK

NCKK Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Cool beans! :D:cool:

12. shizzy1427

shizzy1427 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    CVS Photolab Technician
    Toms River, NJ
    Oh i see, i should have thought of it. i have mine set to only shoe contacts with phone numbers listed