• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook App Erased My Phone Contacts

supersix

Lurker
Jan 24, 2010
I just activated the Facebook app on my motorola droid and set it to "Sync with existing contacts." Then when I went to my phone's contacts they were all gone except for 5 seemingly-random contacts, three of which aren't even in my Facebook contacts.

This is a major problem for me. I had nearly a hundred contacts on my phone.

Does anyone know how I can get them back?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Lol... I Don't know. My Hero just did it automatically... It kind of p!$$ed me off though, because at that time, I had never payed attention to my contacts list, and it had saved EVERY address that I had sent an email to. lol.

It just automatically did it when I started my phone...

I would start by reading the manual/novel that comes with the Droid. I can't imagine this being all that different from any other Android phone, could it?

PS: take heed from my warning... Go to your GMAIL account, and sort through all of your contacts first... It litterally added everyone that I have ever emailed... lol. Not cool in my book.

EDIT: SEE NEXT POST.

Upvote 0
Okay, I figured it out: In my phone's contacts settings unders Display Options it was set to only show one category of my contacts, not "All Other Contacts" (since I haven't categorized mine into separate folders.) So I just set it to show "All Other Contacts" and they all show up now.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones