1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Facebook App: Friends not working

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by BigJimmy2010, Apr 22, 2011.

1. BigJimmy2010

BigJimmy2010 Lurker

Hi I'm currently using a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and use the Facebook app with the version 1.5.3.

It works perfectly fine with one exception. When EVER I click on the 'Friends button' it comes up with "The application Facebook (process com.facebook.katana) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

No matter how many times I try again it pops up everytime. Can any help me or give me tips on the reason why? Everything else is fine on the app just the Friends section.

Many thanks:)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. amlothi

amlothi Android Expert

Yeah, I have some of these friends too. No job, spend all day on Facebook..... lazy bums.

3. BigJimmy2010

BigJimmy2010 Lurker

Lol same.

The button/link that brings up al your friends

4. jwmacdon1231

jwmacdon1231 Android Expert

Forget the official app. Get Flow facebook app.

5. lilpiggy89

lilpiggy89 Lurker

I also had this issue after installing the most recent stable version of CM7 on my EVO, I removed Facebook witht Titanium and reverted to the prior version and no FC's. Perhaps an issue with the app, been reading lots of people having similar issues!

6. flailer

flailer Member

Yeah, what he said :D:D:D

Really though, FriendStream came on my Evo, and for whatever reason it just stopped updating. i think i prolly somehow uninstalled - or more likely prolly blocked - it but left the widget on.... sounds stupid, i'm sure, but i'm more inclined to blame myself than the software or hardware, as everything else has been seamless)

So.... i simply installed TweetDeck, which is linked to both facebook and tweet. It's free; It works :cool:

7. drbille

drbille Newbie

Facebook on Motorola Xoom does the same thing...really bloody annoying.