• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook app in the market...

Roroco

Nov 10, 2009
Is this the same app that came pre-installed on the Droid? Is it safe to download so that you can get any - if any -updates prior to the Android firmware updates?

I tried to find the version number of the one pre-installed, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks.

the one pre installed seems very limited to me. It doesn't allow you to send messages or check my inbox and do other things. I went to the main FB site from the browser and bookmarked it and placed that bookmark on my home screen and I get full access to FB that way.
I go to the touch site every so often, but the app works just fine for most situations for me. I am just wondering if the app on the market place is the same as the pre-installed on on the Droid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones