1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Facebook App Question/Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kmr2010, Feb 19, 2011.

1. kmr2010

kmr2010 Newbie
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    I hope I don't get bashed for asking this...

but on my iPhone, the chat option only showed whenever I was actually inside of the app. On Android, no matter what I do (I've selected "go offline" several times) whenever I get on the actual computer, I have random FB chats I'm never notified of. So how in the world do I turn it off on my phone and KEEP it off??

Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement

2. Whitehorse

Whitehorse Newbie
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    I have noticed the same problem. I have to completely log off. Its a bug in the application itself....i think.

3. PSXBatou

PSXBatou Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 5, 2011
    California & Tokyo
    The notifications for FB on Android sucks compared to the iPhone app. On Droid it will only notify you on messages, events, and friend requests. So if someone is sending you a chat, posting to your wall, or responding to a wall post you made you will not be notified. I guess the only advantage is having chat, which the iPhone app doesn't have, but I've never used it on the Droid app.

It would be nice if they updated it to notify when you have wall posts, responses to wall posts, and likes on your wall. At least make the two versions notifications similar...

4. kmr2010

kmr2010 Newbie
    None

Feb 11, 2011

Log off on your phone? I have my contacts synced, and don't want that to go away.

5. kmr2010

kmr2010 Newbie
    None

Feb 11, 2011

I haven't gotten any "push" notifications yet from the Droid FB app, which honestly doesn't bother me a whole, whole lot because I still love this phone, but the constant being online on chat irks me. Especially since I 1) am rarely on an actual computer and 2) don't want to chat with the creeps who chat me lol

6. harlenm

harlenm Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 18, 2010
    The Facebook app on the iPhone sucked too. I rarely got notifications pushed to me.

7. bigtoysrock

bigtoysrock Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 8, 2010
    Welder
    Leander, TX
    The android facebook app before the last update would actually push notifications of everything. It only has started acting like this with the new update.

8. t3true

t3true Member
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Graphic Designer
    Cali
    All you have to do is go on hidden mode from your computer. I actually have to lists.. I made a list of people I don't mind being seen as online, and everyone else. So just go on hidden mode from your computer and nobody will see you online and send you chat requests .

9. kmr2010

kmr2010 Newbie
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    You're definitely right about the iPhone notifications not coming through regularly.

I actually un-installed the last update and some notifications have been coming through.

I done what you said about going offline on the computer and it worked, thank you!! Now I only go online if I'm actually on a computer.

Thanks everyone!

10. JSchu22

JSchu22 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 13, 2009
    Tampa
    iPhone notifications were definitely more reliable than Android ones though. The Android version of the app sucks compared to it, which sucked compared to the actual site but it's mobile so oh well.