1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Facebook app terrible picture quality

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by radicalpoet, Dec 22, 2011.

1. radicalpoet

radicalpoet Lurker

Hey there,

Neewbie with the old FB android picture quality woes.

To put this in context this is NOT a contact picture synching issue. I have solved that by making sure my contacts sync from Facebook for HTC sense and not the Android app, which provides me with the optimum caller ID, people app, and Favourites Widget picture qulaity. Finally getting that monkey of my back was a big help

However.....the second part of this grating problem is using FB itself, all pictures are still pixelated beyond recgonition. If I roll back FB for Android to the default version, or clear its data and cache or remove the account from snych. I am forced to log back in to what is the Andoid app when luanching FB on my sensation. This then rea-dds the andoid account automatcally (although it is still unselected to synch with my contacts) But this forces me use FB with terribe pic quality. There only seems to be one actual app ,shortcut and widget etc by Andoid on my Sensation with FB for HTC sense just a snyching facility as far as I can gather.

I did fix this once through fiddling with the accounts, removing and re-adding etc but somehow it went back to pixelated pictured again by itself and I can't figure out what I did previously to put this right. Please help if you can! I'm pulling my hair out over this as it spoils the use of FB on the Sensation and is driving me crazy!

Many thanks :eek:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download