• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook app vs touch.facebook.com

I find more up to date new items / status updates on m.facebook.com for some reason. I always use that instead of touch.facebook.com.

When you go to the touch website, under where it says "Home" it will either say "News Feed" or "Live Feed".

If it says "News Feed", click on it and the text will change too "Live Feed". This will switch it to view the actual up to the second updates, rather than the strange way the news feed does it. Maybe this was your problem?

I use a mixture of the official client, bloo and the touch site, I haven't settled into one app / site yet!

Upvote 0
I bounce around between them also. I use the app more now that it has the Inbox, and the notifications launch it. But the Inbox can only handle so many messages in any one thread. I've hit the limit before and the app just stops displaying the messages where as touch and m sites show all messages.

I like the touch interface the best. It doesn't always update frequently, though, so sometimes I switch to m to see everything.

Reactions: MisterMixelpix
Upvote 0
I actually dont mind the app/widget. Just open and hit refresh and i get up to date status updates. No real need for the website based options.

Could also create a link to the touch.facebook.com site with the web browser and leave the window open in the background. The problem with too many apps is some of them can have bugs and use up battery power in the background fetching useless data.

Upvote 0
I really hope the Facebook team will give the Android OS the lovin' it deserves when it comes to the Facebook application. With the speed enhancements of FroYo and the processing power the Incredible packs, I think the time is more than upon us for a more robust application, with facebook chat integration.

Does anyone remember when the last major Facebook update came out for Android? I'd say we're about due for one

Upvote 0
Is the null error something to be expected all the time? I'm a new android user (less than two weeks) and i'm now getting it. Sorta annoying...

Same here... I've been using the Facebook for Android app since I got the incredible when it first came out, and tonight is the first time I've gotten this "null" error.

I also bounce back and forth between the app & using the teL.site via the browser.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones