1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Facebook App wont work!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by kaseyendres, Aug 15, 2012.

1. kaseyendres

kaseyendres Lurker

well for about the past month now I have had no access to my facebook from my phone. It is the only APP that will not work. It constantly says that connection is lost and will not load my news feed. I would have thought it was a glich with facebook but no one else i know is having a problem. Due to other issues with my calls i have had to switch phones twice so I know it isnt the phone. Could it be my sim card? I have uninstalled and re-installed several times. I have done what I know to do so can anyone help me?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Welcome to AF kaseyendres.:)

I've moved this here so you can get better help. Have you tried clearing data and cache for the Facebook app. This often clears up issues when apps start acting up.

Go into Settings | Apps | Facebook and you should see the option there. You will probably need to log back into your account after.

Metroid Prime likes this.
  3. Clevo89

Clevo89 Well-Known Member

Been aving a problem with the FB app too lately...mostly with feeds not loading (no problem with internet data connection). Noticed 100's of similar complaints on the official FB mobile forums. Recently though it seems to be working fine and I haven't done anything. I have heard there will be an FB on Android update soon (within a couple of weeks) so hang in there and hope the update fixes lingering issues

4. colmmcgrath

colmmcgrath Well-Known Member

You have to update the application.

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

This could be the case. If there are permission changes on an app in the Play market, you have to update it manually. Go into Play | My Apps | Facebook and see if an update is available.