1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

facebook app

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by wonderd, Feb 4, 2011.

1. wonderd

wonderd Newbie

Does anyone know of a good facebook app that will give you notifications instantly? I notice the facebook app on my phone only refreshes every 30 minutes. Im looking for something that will tell me instant notifications.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. stu1978

stu1978 Member

The latest version has push notifications (2.2 only)

3. wonderd

wonderd Newbie

im looking for something that will automaticly get the updates without me having to touch the phone and notify me, like a txt message.

4. zerofreedom

zerofreedom Lurker

yeah..
    i want too..
    like a blackberry..

5. Grommett

Grommett Newbie

Bump.
    I have the latest update and it does not Push Notifications for me. I have to either sync or open facebook. Is there a fix or a workaround?

6. wonderd

wonderd Newbie

bump, there are no apps out there that automaticly update when you recieve a new facebook notification?

7. tigga8301

tigga8301 Newbie

Who is your carrier because facebook has automatic text notifications depending on your carrier where it sends you a text directly to your phone

8. wonderd

wonderd Newbie

virgin mobile

9. wfd38383

wfd38383 Lurker

this was the only good thing about the blackberry facebook app...wish this app did this, but this is only downfall I can see on this app coming from blackberry

10. tigga8301

tigga8301 Newbie

Virgin USA,..is listed as a carrier,..log in to your account, my account,..mobile,..sign up for facebook mobile and texts it'll give you a drop down box of carriers choose yours and go from there,..hope this helps :eek:

11. wonderd

wonderd Newbie

great! sounds promising

12. tigga8301

tigga8301 Newbie

It works great!,..I have Cricket and I went in and set up my notifications to come to my phone,..I even have it set so that certain friends post come straight to my phone! I love it,..and I can respond to them right thru the text! :D

13. eooxx

eooxx Lurker

anybody know how to set this up for t-mobile?

14. Stupifier

Stupifier Android Enthusiast

I don't want Text notifications. I want push. For whatever reason, it doesn't work. I use a Droid Incredible with latest official updates (non root).

15. Kuhns787

Kuhns787 Android Enthusiast

I would love that as well. If someone can do it for Blackberry why can't we have this for Android? Most of the bb apps stink but the Facebook app is awesome!

16. cluelezz

cluelezz Newbie

The flow app does push notifications through gmail. Your fb email notifications have to be set to go through a gmail account though. The app auto deletes or archives the emails if you want too.

17. danetweedale

danetweedale Newbie

18. Micheal73

Micheal73 Lurker

Livestream for Facebook this new apps came in facebook, which is fully customizable, supports Facebook chat & streaming video also. Pickup Trucks

19. evilbastard

evilbastard Well-Known Member

The basic facebook app for android has live updates, especially if you sign up for MotoBlur. You can setup which kind of updates you want to be "pushed".

20. Kuhns787

Kuhns787 Android Enthusiast

I am unable to find Livestream for Facebook in the app market