• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook authorization failing

Do not Disable HTC Sense itself, this could cause your device not to boot... disabling Facebook for HTC Sense is a good idea if you don't use any of the Sense FB widgets like FriendStream.

I have been using Facebook for Android v1.9.7 for a while now, never have any problems with it. I am sure a quick Google search can find that version and you should be able to side load it in with no problems, just go to Settings-Security and tick Unknown Sources before trying to install it.

Upvote 0
My phone has not failed to boot. Seems to work better than ever.

so strange...huh??
Very strange actually... unless you are running a different launcher (GO Launcher EX, Holo, Nova Launcher, etc). Sense is the Launcher, if you disable it, you should not have a operating device, there would be no launcher for you to interact with.

Upvote 0
Interesting item....

Yesterday, after doing a battery pull.... upon boot up of the device, I got the Facebook Failed Authorization notification.... This is the first time I have gotten it since the last update..

I then went into my Accounts & sync settings and noticed that both FACEBOOK and Facebook for HTC Sense were missing....

I added back the Facebook to the Accounts & sync.... but there was no option for Facebook for HTC Sense...

All seems to be working fine... Time will tell

Upvote 0
No launcher. Not rooted. Alive and kicking.
Hmmm. Apparently "HTC Sense" app is NOT the launcher like many other HTC devices, I don't even see the process running on my phone. Oh well, I admit I was wrong. Now I wonder exactly what that apk is for...

EDIT: Actually I was playing with my phone last night and the app is always there, even if disabled it starts and runs, same thing if you go to Settings-Apps-Running and tap Menu and select "Show cached processes", HTC Sense is always there, even if you Force Close it immediately starts again. It is a Cached Background process of "com.htc.launcher", which is the launcher, or the GUI, of the phone, so if it did truly disable your phone would be unusable but it is not truly disabling.

Upvote 0
Hmmm. Apparently "HTC Sense" app is NOT the launcher like many other HTC devices, I don't even see the process running on my phone. Oh well, I admit I was wrong. Now I wonder exactly what that apk is for...

EDIT: Actually I was playing with my phone last night and the app is always there, even if disabled it starts and runs, same thing if you go to Settings-Apps-Running and tap Menu and select "Show cached processes", HTC Sense is always there, even if you Force Close it immediately starts again. It is a Cached Background process of "com.htc.launcher", which is the launcher, or the GUI, of the phone, so if it did truly disable your phone would be unusable but it is not truly disabling.

either way, the disabling of this as well as Facebook for HTC sense fixes the issue with Facebook.

Upvote 0
For some reason, I don't have the option to disable sense.the disable button is grey and won't allow me to disable. Any suggestions?
You shouldn't disable Sense... just disable "Facebook for HTC Sense", that alone fixes it for most people. Delete all Facebook accounts, uninstall the Facebook app, disable Facebook for HTC Sense, reinstall the Facebook app and add you contacts back in via that. Takes care of the issue for most people.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones