• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook birthday's not showing

DGRYAN1977

Aug 6, 2010
Since the 2.2 update I have had double Facebook birthdays showing in my calendar. 1 from the old method of posting the URL in google calendars and the other from Facebook under the calendar option. After trying over and over to erase the original way from my phone with no luck, I decided to just delete my Gmail calendar all together and then reload it onto my phone.
Once I did that, I restored my Gmail calendar and made sure the Facebook calendar option is checked. Now, I have NO Facebook birthdays at all. No matter how many times I check, uncheck and refresh the calendar, the birthdays refuse to come back.

Any advice? Suggestions? Fixes??

Thanks

same here, my FB are hit and miss. It kinda sucks to as i had all stored in google calender like mentioned and then erased them from here because i thought this would be best, i guess that was a mistake.

The best alternative i have is to go into the google calender on the PC and add the birthday calender from your contact list. Its under the "other" calenders. this works but you might have doubles for some and again not all will be accounted for.

Something changed with permissions on FB i am guessing that caused this to happen

Upvote 0
I have the same problem. :(

I had doubles, then I purged the calendar data under "Manage Applications", and now NO FB bdays show up.

I had some issues with one of my calendars not showing up, so I purged data also, and now I am having the same issue with the Facebook calendar. I was wondering has anyone tried deleteing the Facebook for HTC Sense account and re-entering it?

Upvote 0
I just tried deleting the Facebook for HTC Sense account from the phone and re-entereing it, and that brought back the Facebook calendar with all the birthday's after it re-synced. This is on an HTC EVO 4G, btw, but I would think it would work on other HTC phones that are having the same issue, IMO

Upvote 0
I just tried deleting the Facebook for HTC Sense account from the phone and re-entereing it, and that brought back the Facebook calendar with all the birthday's after it re-synced. This is on an HTC EVO 4G, btw, but I would think it would work on other HTC phones that are having the same issue, IMO
Can you describe in detail how to do that please?

Upvote 0
Has anyone found a resolution?

Thanks.

I am not using Facebook on my phone to sync. I import facebook birthdays by url into Google Calendar and that syncs with my android. I was able to see FB birthdays fine but some google service kept crashing on my phone so I had to "Clear Data" on the calendar and calendar storage per another thread to resolve that. When I re-synced, my google calendar events show up but not the facebook birthdays.

Upvote 0
post #7 above sounds like a resolution. I personally have no problem with FB/Google b-days and i don't have FB for htc sense installed.

same suggestion is found here:
http://androidforums.com/incredible...book-birthdays-showing-up-twice-calendar.html

Yes, I read that but I was a little confused by it. It worked,the only difference is the account I had to delete my google account as opposed to my facebook account.

The thing is, I do not sync my facebook account directly because I do not want every single event someone invites me to to show up. It might work the same where as you can sync only birthdays - which is what I want but I have not tried it that way. Instead I sync my fb birthdays into google calendar.

With that said, I deleted my google account. Fortunately, the account I use for contacts and the account I use for calendar are different. However, if not I would back up your contacts first. Because it deletes all data related to the account from the phone. Of course you resync it when you add it back.
This worked!

By the way, for future readers of this thread who may not know, to remove google account you go to settings, accounts and sync

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones