1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Facebook Browsing

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Marjorie1100, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Marjorie1100

Marjorie1100 Guest
    None
    My understanding from what I have read is that you do not have to sign up/create an account in order to just browse in Facebook which suits me fine as I am not interested in interacting at this point.

Is there a way to do so and be able to access the browsing screen immediately on my Samsung Note smartphone without signing in? My hubby would just like to read a few comments from his classmates since he has an upcoming class reunion. He is just not into Social Media.

Would appreciate some help as we were hoping to be able to do the browsing on my Samsung Note. Would the Ap allow this as it appears accessing the Facebook site on the phone takes you straight to the sign in screen. Is there a way around this?

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Nope. It depends on the privacy settings of the page you want to view, whether or not the page can be viewable without signing in. This is more so likely with something like a reunion. If the participants created a Facebook Group for the purpose of connecting with batchmates, it is normally set that non members cannot view contents. Since your husband does not have a Facebook account, then he can't be invited as a member.

I'd suggest just creating an account and set it to private and not add anyone you don't need to be in contact with. Even if just for the purpose of this.

The_Chief likes this.
  3. legslujack

legslujack Lurker
    None

Apr 24, 2014
    Thank you for your response. Since we are new to Facebook, would you be so kind and answer a few questions. I think I will be able to figure it out; however, am still reluctant to start signing in and find out I have not covered everything.

After signing in, can you please advise what screen or tab would the "Private" option be under. Would most of the info needed, be under my Profile? Could you please perhaps go through the process/screens to give me a quick rundown of what will be required and how I can protect my privacy by minimizing what info is visible to others. Can I change my profile once provided on my smart phone?

Just one last thing. My hubby's info is shown as Facebook Page: Cathedral HS, Chicago, Il, Class of 1988, Reunion. How would you show this in the browser in order to bring up the correct page?

All answers and any tips would be greatly appreciated. I will have to sign up as I really do not think my hubby is game. I am pretty resourceful; however, stayed away from Facebook.

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
  5. legslujack

legslujack Lurker
    None

Apr 24, 2014
    Thank you. We did check this link before and went back and purchased the right to access the info.

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Privacy settings has it's own heading in Facebook. You can control this on signing up.

However I don't think I can walk you through the steps. I last signed up for Facebook nearly 9 years ago, back in 2007. Surely the steps have changed. However, I remember that it asks for your info, and that it will guide you through setting up privacy as you sign up. And no, save for a some required data, you don't need to fill up all the info they ask of you.
    Then there are several resources on the internet on how to increase Facebook privacy. There would also be a setting where your Facebook page can only be found by people who search for you by email, and turn up blank if they search for you by name. You can also set your Facebook page to not display anything if they aren't your Facebook contact.

I don't think I understand your last question though. Are you asking how would your husband's Facebook page look like? Like what info would be displayed?

7. legslujack

legslujack Lurker
    None

Apr 24, 2014
    Thank you for your tips. Not sure why I made this so convoluted as it is not in my nature Appreciate the help.