• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook bug??

youradds

Aug 30, 2011
Hi,

I'm new to the whole Android OS stuff for phones (prior, I've had 3 blackberrys, but after their latest update I was put off them - as the phone only had a few hours life!)

Anywho, I'm trying to fix up a couple of annoying bugs on my HTC Desire Z phone:

1) When I get my facebook notifications come up, I click on it - and then it takes me to the FB app, where the notification SHOULD be ... but its not. It sits their loading., loading, loading... and eventually (after quite a few minutes) actually loads the notification. The same goes for when you go to view a post, and there is no way to actually "reload" the thread (to get the new entries on that thread)

2) This by far is the most annoying. As you are aware, the Desire Z has a QWERTY keyboard... which is great (especially for me, coming from a Blackberry Torch, with QWERTY and touch screen). However, when in the FB app - if you go to make a reply to a thread you are active in, and start the phone "up right" (ie normally)... type a few random charachters in, then rotate it sideways (as if you were using the QWERTY keyboard... although there is no need to actually open the keyboard up for this bug) ... then turn it back upright and you should see that the "send" button has dissapeared!!!

Any suggestions?

TIA

Andy

BTW, I've confirmed this bug on my brothers HTC Desire HD phone too (we are both using the latest version of FB app);

1) Open up your facebook application
2) Goto "notification", and select a place where you have written (i.e a threads of yours, or one that someone else has written)
3) With the phone in portrait , type something into the box
4) Without pressing "send", tip the phone into landscape mode
5) Now move it back into "portrait", and the "send" button has gone

:(

Cheers

Andy

Upvote 0
This just happened to me yesterday. I think it was the first time it happened to me as I normally use FB in landscape if I plan to add any comments. As it is the first time in almost a year it happened to me, it's not much of an issue for me. I think I happened on it by accident as I normally do not rotate the phone to landscape and back when entering comments. I usually open the keyboard, type my comments, press send/submit and then close the keyboard.

Upvote 0
This just happened to me yesterday. I think it was the first time it happened to me as I normally use FB in landscape if I plan to add any comments. As it is the first time in almost a year it happened to me, it's not much of an issue for me. I think I happened on it by accident as I normally do not rotate the phone to landscape and back when entering comments. I usually open the keyboard, type my comments, press send/submit and then close the keyboard.
Hi,

Yeah, the problem with me - is I like to look at the phone in portrait, and then go into landscape when using the QWERTY keyboard (as I prefer using that to type messages). Seems a bit of a rubbish one for them not have picked up already though :rolleyes:

Cheers

Andy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones