• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help facebook calendar sync draining all my battery

bezbol

Lurker
Apr 1, 2012
Hi all,
My phone is xperia ray. This phone has a feature called "facebook inside xperia".

Today I found out facebook calendar syn is draining all of my battery. I turned off facebook inside xperia feature, turn off background data, and I also tried to force close it in battery usage view. After I did it once, the button turned gray and won't even close. It's the same with calendar storage.
After I power off the phone, they are still there. How do I get rid of it???:thinking:

2s2SB.png

If you go into accounts & Settings you should be able to turn the sync for the calendar off. If not, check the face app itself inside the settings. Let me know if any of this helps.

=)

Thanks for the reply.
I did that. Turn everything about facebook off, and actually went into system/app folder and deleted everything facebook related. And then weird things happen. See this.
GZHOB.png

you see the slot that was originally meant for fbcalendarsyn.apk? it's now replaced by com.sonyericsson.androidapp.fbcalendarsyn
I think it has something to do with xperia ray's facebook inside feature...how do i completely get rid of it?

And...how about that calendar storage? what is that? I couldn't kill it neither. I don't think anything related to calendar should use that much battery.

Upvote 0
well...I guess I have the answer....
I have been doing research whole night trying to figure out how to "kill the process" that's eating the battery....
But finally I realize....it is not showing what's consuming the juice, instead, it's showing "what has been using the battery...."
So the facebook syn was uninstalled...but a history of it using the battery was still there....
The evidence is as time went by...the percentage of battery usage of fbcalendarsyn went down and battery usage of display goes up....

I feel like a dumb ass now. ><"

Upvote 0
i've had the same issue with my xperia ray. very annoying to say the least. there is no doubt some kind of problem with the new ice cream sandwich and facebook inside xperia - and i'm sure more users will have some trouble.

also, not everyone will want to stop the facebook calender synchronization. in fact - i'd like to use it myself, but with my battery life going down to about six hours it's simply not an option.

so, i'm wondering if there are any other ways to resolve this issue...?

regards, arvid.

Upvote 0
well...I guess I have the answer....
I have been doing research whole night trying to figure out how to "kill the process" that's eating the battery....
But finally I realize....it is not showing what's consuming the juice, instead, it's showing "what has been using the battery...."
So the facebook syn was uninstalled...but a history of it using the battery was still there....
The evidence is as time went by...the percentage of battery usage of fbcalendarsyn went down and battery usage of display goes up....

I feel like a dumb ass now. ><"
I've moved this thread to its support forum in the event that it could help others having said problem. &#12471;

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones