• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

smittythepig

Android Enthusiast
Dec 29, 2009
Richmond, VA
With 1.5 I was able to go to the full facebook site and do the facebook chat thing at the bottom right (though it didn't often work very well). now with 2.1 i am having trouble with this. the little chat window/bar only seems to show up when i zoom all the way out, and then it kind of disappears when i try and touch it or zoom in. anyone else notice this? any fix?

just tried a different browser. same problems. facebook site also seems to want to refresh itself every 5 seconds. if i zoom completely out (which takes a while because of yet another strange issue), the chat window will appear at the bottom. but it's so small you can't see it. then it disappears when you zoom in or try and tap on it. bizarre. doesn't surprise me though. facebook has always had some odd issues.

Upvote 0
I can get the facebook chat to work on the stock browser... when you click on the "edit options" the Chat window comes up and you can open it. When you close the options it sometimes goes away. Seems to stay down there when you pop the chat window out. And also when you click on someones name that is online (they are located at the top left bar of facebook) the chat window comes up. Good lucj

Upvote 0
I can get the facebook chat to work on the stock browser... when you click on the "edit options" the Chat window comes up and you can open it. When you close the options it sometimes goes away. Seems to stay down there when you pop the chat window out. And also when you click on someones name that is online (they are located at the top left bar of facebook) the chat window comes up. Good lucj

hmm. doesn't seem to quite be working for me. as i mentioned, i could get it to work (albeit in a very unpredictable way) when i was running android 1.5. but since upgrading to 2.1 today it's not really working. i tried a couple things you mentioned with no luck. but that meebo app is just awesome. and hopefully once bloo gets their chat running things will be even better.

thanks everyone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones