• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook contact photo import??

drmull

Jun 5, 2010
Hello - Left the Pre for the Evo and so far I really like the new phone. One thing Web OS did was import all my FB contacts, including profile pic, into my contacts. Loved it.

I brought over my contacts from the Pre - the FB profile pics did not migrate.

Is there a way to make this happen on the Evo - with or without a separate app? I'm talking about syncing my contacts with the FB app or something like that.

Thanks very much!

I read this somewhere..."The FB app can sync Facebook profile photos into your existing contact list."

Yes - it did this automatically for me and I had to change settings and reboot the phone to get rid of them.

Just go to Settings in the home menu, and "Accounts and Sync" and "Add Account" and make sure you log into the Facebook account for HTC sense - then I think all of your Facebook friends with pictures will show up in your "People" contacts list. You can manage in People whether to include all or only those with phone numbers.

Upvote 0
Thanks - that seemed to work after a reboot.

Now for the next question. I rely on my Google calendar for past past business appointments, tracking payments, etc. The calender sync only caught all events for the past 2 months. Everything farther back is spotty at best. Tons of things missing.

Is there a way to remedy this??

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones