• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

facebook/contact pictures problems after gingerbread 2.3 update

I recently got the 2.3 update for my evo shift..everything seemed great till I noticed that all my contact pictures were very blurry..especially if they were linked to facebook or google..to get unblurred contact pics I ended up having to unlink with facebook and completly erase all google contacts..being able to only use the phone contacts account. This is sad :( I really liked being linked with facebook and didn't really want to erase my google contacts..but the pictures look awful. I took my phone into sprint and they couldn't help me and told me that there were other complaints like this and it seemed that google was taking over the pics blowing them up then shrinking them giving them the blurred pixel look. Also when linked to facebook..in contacts there is the option to view they're profile as well as see they're pics from contacts..u can view they're profile but it wil not show they're albums form the contacts option..posing this problem on here was the best advice sprint could give me :(

Someone posted a fix for this that I saw.

Go into Settings and then accounts on your phone. Delete your facebook account and then add Facebook for HTC Sense back in.

Your problem will be solved after that.

I recently got the 2.3 update for my evo shift..everything seemed great till I noticed that all my contact pictures were very blurry..especially if they were linked to facebook or google..to get unblurred contact pics I ended up having to unlink with facebook and completly erase all google contacts..being able to only use the phone contacts account. This is sad :( I really liked being linked with facebook and didn't really want to erase my google contacts..but the pictures look awful. I took my phone into sprint and they couldn't help me and told me that there were other complaints like this and it seemed that google was taking over the pics blowing them up then shrinking them giving them the blurred pixel look. Also when linked to facebook..in contacts there is the option to view they're profile as well as see they're pics from contacts..u can view they're profile but it wil not show they're albums form the contacts option..posing this problem on here was the best advice sprint could give me :(

Upvote 0
I am using the standard ROM and since upgrading the new GB update I noticed that almost every time that I exit one app the system pauses and then the HTC logo page pops up and them pauses while it loads the start screen...almost like it is having to reload Sense every time. Thoughts.

My phone is doing this as well. I am currently working with sprint trying to resolve it. Not much progress so far,I just spoke to their highest support level earlier, he is doing some research and will call me back tomorrow. Once I have a fix or more information I will let you know

I have been posting to this thread:
http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-shift-4g/357307-1-issue-gingerbread-2-3-a.html

Reactions: 330D
Upvote 0
Someone posted a fix for this that I saw.

Go into Settings and then accounts on your phone. Delete your facebook account and then add Facebook for HTC Sense back in.

Your problem will be solved after that.

I have the same problem. Blurred/pixilated photos... some contact photos actually vanished completely. I have tried this fix quoted above as I saw it in the other thread and IT DID NOT WORK.

Upvote 0
yea pictures do seem a bit pixilated... what gives?

also cant for the life of my figure out how how to update my own contact card. i have all my contacts linked to their facebook accounts but my own contact card picture vanished and i cant figure out how to get it back? i know its a dumb question but sometimes they put these settings in the dumbest places!

Upvote 0
My phone is doing this as well. I am currently working with sprint trying to resolve it. Not much progress so far,I just spoke to their highest support level earlier, he is doing some research and will call me back tomorrow. Once I have a fix or more information I will let you know

I have been posting to this thread:
http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-shift-4g/357307-1-issue-gingerbread-2-3-a.html

This is driving me CRAZY on my shift, as well!!!! It seems like EVERY single time I back out of an app or hit Home, it goes to the white HTC screen, then "loading" for 30 seconds. SO ANNOYING! Here I have this "fast" phone but I'm delayed constantly with this! Additionally, I keep getting the "phone memory is low" notification. I can't believe how much internal memory it SUCKS up! Some of the bells and whistles are nice and all, but so far I am NOT impressed!! I am thinking of going to Sprint to downgrade, but am concerned about whether or not this is a good idea... thoughts?

Upvote 0
This is driving me CRAZY on my shift, as well!!!! It seems like EVERY single time I back out of an app or hit Home, it goes to the white HTC screen, then "loading" for 30 seconds. SO ANNOYING! Here I have this "fast" phone but I'm delayed constantly with this! Additionally, I keep getting the "phone memory is low" notification. I can't believe how much internal memory it SUCKS up! Some of the bells and whistles are nice and all, but so far I am NOT impressed!! I am thinking of going to Sprint to downgrade, but am concerned about whether or not this is a good idea... thoughts?

This is starting to sound like a pretty bad memory leak issue to me. One symptom of low memory on the HTC phones seems to always be the dreaded Sense "Loading..." restart issue.

One major reason why I upgraded to the Shift from my Hero was I was tired of the underpowered, under-memoried Hero being unable to run Sense, Android 2.1, and just about ANY app at the same time.

Glad I didn't accept the update for the Shift yet!

Upvote 0
I also upgraded and have had a few issues, including the fuzzy/pixellated pictures linked to the contact from facebook. Most of my contacts lost the link to their FB account. I had to remove the account on my phone and add it back, and it still did not link about 30% of them, and I had to do it manually. However, they are so blurry when, for example, they call and the pic pops up, that I may as well have left them unlinked.

The HTC mail app no longer works with Yahoo either ... had to download the yahoo app. No big deal.

Words with friends is slower to submit moves, but that is not a huge deal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones