• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook/Contact Question

brianhenny

Android Enthusiast
Jul 1, 2010
NNJ
Hey guys,

I just synced my contacts with facebook so I have all the little pictures under People and all that stuff. When I go to Messages and click New Message, is there anyway to have ONLY peoples numbers come up from my contacts list, and not others that i'm friends with on facebook/their emails they have on FB?

Hope this makes sense. I know I could just unsync fb, but i'll lose all the pictures then haha. Thanks for any help.

Brian

Hey guys,

I just synced my contacts with facebook so I have all the little pictures under People and all that stuff. When I go to Messages and click New Message, is there anyway to have ONLY peoples numbers come up from my contacts list, and not others that i'm friends with on facebook/their emails they have on FB?

Hope this makes sense. I know I could just unsync fb, but i'll lose all the pictures then haha. Thanks for any help.

Brian

If I am understanding correctly... go to people --> menu --> view, and uncheck Facebook.

Hope that helps....

Upvote 0
I know what he is asking about, but don't know how to fix it either. I typically just type peoples names in to send them a message.

If you go to messages - new message - people - that is where EVERYONE is listed.

I never realized this before, but yeah, I can see how this is a problem. Especially since I have like 1500 FB "friends" due to mafia wars. If I can figure it out, I'll let you know.

Upvote 0
I know what he is asking about, but don't know how to fix it either. I typically just type peoples names in to send them a message.

If you go to messages - new message - people - that is where EVERYONE is listed.

I never realized this before, but yeah, I can see how this is a problem. Especially since I have like 1500 FB "friends" due to mafia wars. If I can figure it out, I'll let you know.

Thanks! Glad i'm making sense. It happens to me when I type peoples names in too, I get everything.. contacts and facebook included. I suppose I could go to People then the contact then new message, but i'm lazy haha. If you figure it out lemme know and thanks!

Upvote 0
Thanks! Glad i'm making sense. It happens to me when I type peoples names in too, I get everything.. contacts and facebook included. I suppose I could go to People then the contact then new message, but i'm lazy haha. If you figure it out lemme know and thanks!

Yeah, I guess mine does too. I just never realized it because I type the names so fast. That sucks.

are you using the stock messaging app or handcent or something?

If using handcent, go into the menu from handcent, social networking, turn show social contacts off.

I'm using the stock app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones