1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Facebook contact sync issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hscates26, May 11, 2011.

1. hscates26

hscates26 Lurker
    None

Oct 8, 2010
    On my new Dinc 2, I have the facebook app set to sync only with existing contacts, but when I click on the "phone" button I still see all facebook friends with phone numbers listed even if they aren't "contacts." If I just go to people, however, only preexisting contacts are correctly shown. Is there anyway to remove all fb friends with phone numbers from the phone dial pad screen? I've tried logging out and in to fb but the same thing happens...

Advertisement

2. cobracommand0

cobracommand0 Lurker
    None

May 12, 2011
    Holy Vestibule of Scrolls
    The "People" app is your new contact list, this confused me at first as well. The way that the Dinc2 searches when you hit the phone button, will search all phone numbers available (yes, it will pull facebook numbers even with selective sync on). However, you will only see account syncs (facebook, twitter) for those contacts who are in your "people" app (which is managed through your Gmail contacts).

Basically, you will only see updates from people in your actual contact list; but you will see phone numbers for any numbers that the phone can pull from your social networking. It's wonky at first, but the selective sync worked well for me after I got my brain around it =P