• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook contact syncing

I don't think there is a way to not import Facebook contacts. But what's the big deal? When you open up contacts just have it show your Motoblur Address Book and then all your Facebook contacts who aren't in your address book won't show up.

Also, pkopalek, just get your friend to add the 10 digit number to the contact and then when he tries to send a text it will ask him from which number and he can just select the 10 digit one.

Upvote 0
Maybe with the 2.1 update there will be a way to filter out what Facebook contacts get synced to your phone like the way the Happenings Widget will let you filter out specific contacts.
I still don't see what the big deal is though. When I launch contacts my phone will automatically go to my Motoblur Address Book so I never actually see Facebook contacts who aren't in my actual address book unless I specifically go to the Facebook contacts.

Upvote 0
Contact filtering for the Happenings Widget is what was shown in that 2.1 update video not contact filtering for the phone contacts. I think they should still include all your Facebook friends in the contacts cause even though I may not want to be constantly updated on a specific friends status, I'd still like to be able to see all our history together and be able to quickly access their Facebook without having to launch the Facebook App or by going online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT9H8Ee_aRU

Upvote 0
I too hate the forced Facebook import. Big drawback IMO.

I accidentally (actually the lady at the ATT store) setup my Facebook account before my sim card contacts were transferred over. Now my contacts are full of Facebook friends (which I can't delete without deleting them from Facebook) and I can't import my SIM contacts.

I understand the ability to switch the contacts between "Facebook", "Google", "MotoBlur", etc.

But you should be able to remove a contact from the phone without it affecting the actual online account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones