1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support facebook contacts help??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jeep_man, Apr 4, 2011.

1. jeep_man

jeep_man Guest
    None
    On my old HTC Hero running 2.1 I had my contacts and then I had facebook. Bother were completely seperate. Now all of my facebook contacts are in everything I try do. When I look at my calender...all facebook stuff is thrown in there. When I go to type a text message to my brother...Tyler...I get everyone from facebook popping in there with a T in their name.

I want to turn this off completely. I have already deleted facebook, and reinstalled...no change. I am completley clueless on how to do this...

I have over 1000 friends on facebook and I cant even see any of my own stuff in calenders because all of the facebook calender info is bombarding my calender.

Can anyone help me out?

Advertisement

2. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!!
    None

Jan 31, 2010
    Ohio
    Go to the main page of the Facebook app (press the Facebook logo on the top of the page when you open the app). Now press your menu button and select...settings > sync contacts > remove Facebook data.

3. MikeMBau

MikeMBau Member
    None

Mar 27, 2011
    Student
    Colorado
    In addition to this, it seems to make your linked contacts undialable. It always adds a +1 in front of numbers, and my TB can't connect.

4. jeep_man

jeep_man Guest
    None
    I tried the above suggestion....didnt do anything. All of my FB contacts still load in my messages and calender entries. Anyone else have any ideas?

5. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert
    None

Mar 11, 2010
    Phoenix, AZ
    Go into Accounts and Sync, turn off the Sync for Facebook and Facebook for HTC.

6. jeep_man

jeep_man Guest
    None
    "Go into Accounts and Sync, turn off the Sync for Facebook and Facebook for HTC"
    i did that as well..but it does not delete the info from my contacts or calender. I have restated the phone as well...still there.

7. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!!
    None

Jan 31, 2010
    Ohio
    Go to contacts > menu > view > uncheck "Facebook" and "Facebook for HTC Sense"