• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook Contacts in Phone (gmail) Ones

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Can someone tell me how all of my friends got synced into my Gmail contacts, thus are on my phone now

I see everyone begging and trying to find a way to do it LOL LOL, finding programs, when mine just happened with me doing nothing

I was thinking that I would try to find a way to UNDO it, seeing as how I actually don't want to call most of these people daily, by mistake (not that I don't want to talk to them, but with the hours i keep, most there I would not want to call at 3 am)

LOL

So might someone help me figure out how it happened without an ap, wiithout getting Firefox, exporting contacts, importing them into its toolbar, some really crazy stuff

Thanks as always everyone. I hope you are having a wonderful week
Eric

might someone help me figure out how it happened without an ap, wiithout getting Firefox, exporting contacts, importing them into its toolbar, some really crazy stuff

Thanks as always everyone. I hope you are having a wonderful week
Eric

There's probably more than one way to do it, but here's how I do it with the utmost simplicity on the Evo.

Click the stock app "People" (not to be confused with the people 'widget') (i don't use the people widget as I've read it's a battery drain or cpu hog or something)

Anyway, 'people' opens your contacts, tap any person, then look in the upper right above the word "google".

There's this tiny broken-circuit-looking-thingy called the "link". (if its' broken and grey, that contact's not linked. if it's solid and green = that contact's linked to fb.)

If they're not linked and you tap it, it pulls up your fb friends for you to manually make the link. (don't forget to click "done")

If you want to break the link, tap the green link and make it a grey link. (i don't see why cuz it's nifty and it doesn't really affect anything in the universe other than letting you see which mail contacts are already fb freinds with you)

Anyway, couldn't be easier to do (or harder to find). :cool:

ps- watch. soon u'll be like me and bug all of your mail contacts to add u on fb or bug them to join fb ONLY so your address book will look pretty.

Upvote 0
I have to say more about the stock People app cuz I adore it.

Keep that app within reach. It's handy.

disclaimer: I use gmail. so i don't know what your results are with another carrier.

Get Directions
When you open people, every contact that you have a physical address for, you can see them on a map, or get directions. Select a contact, look at their address field, click "View".

Sort Contacts by Group <-Love This!
Open 'People'. Contacts are listed individually. That view is titled "All". Look in the lower left... Click the second one to the right. There's your contacts listed by "Group" (family, friends, work, etc...) (i find it best to reconstruct contacts, fill in blanks, create groups etc... in gmail.com on the laptop. then do a sync on the evo to manage contacts to a desired uniformity. Between all the stuff I belong to, I probably have more Groups in my contacts than most sane folk have individual 'contacts'. I'd go crazy without the Groups feature.

Online Directories
...is the next tab to the right of Group. Click it. It's pretty self explanatory. (but could use more directories.)

Call History
last tab for People. does what it says.

People Shortcuts!
Use person shortcuts to make your own personal quick-dial home screen...

First, free up one home screen to make room.

Click the + (add) button. Select 'Shortcut' then tap "Person"... Theres your contacts again. Select somebody, then u have your choice of which comm method you want to create a shortcut to. Put that shortcut on your home screen. Every time you tap them. It opens up the specific method you prescribed.

Perfect example: I only call my wife. Her shortcut's to her phone. Text my kids, their shortcuts are to the sms feature of their contacts. and email my boss, his shortcut's to his email addy, etc...

You'll see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones