1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Facebook Contacts Missing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by illini56, Nov 9, 2009.

1. illini56

illini56 New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    When I synced facebook contacts, I had a handful of contacts that duplicated, meaning there was the facebook info and their info from my regular contacts list. In each case, I selected the entry that did not have the facebook info and chose to delete that entry. When I did that, for some reason the entry with the facebook info is the one that disappeared. So, I just deleted the other contact entry too. Then when I added the contact back in, facebook wouldn't sync with it. So now, even though these contacts DO have a facebook account and are still listed as my friends, facebook will not sync with those contacts. I even tried the option of syncing ALL facebook friends and the handful of friends I did this with will not come back. Anyone experience this? If you delete a contact with facebook info once, is it impossible to sync back the facebook option?

Advertisement

2. efdisaster

efdisaster Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Teambuilding
    Chicagoland
    no solution, but as I was fixing my duplicates (by simply adding the missing last names into my phone), I deleted one of my facebook contacts by mistake... now they no longer sync.

3. BRR

BRR Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I too would like to know how to restore a facebook contact that i deleted "hidden".

I have to assume the phone has a list of the facebook contacts that were deleted so that it knows which ones not to didplay, so there must be a way to get those contacts off that list.

4. neumannator

neumannator Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    police officer
    MN

+1 want to know as well!!??

5. efdisaster

efdisaster Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Teambuilding
    Chicagoland
    I "removed" my facebook sync, and then put it back, and the one contact that I had deleted came back and synced their facebook info with the existing contact, along with everyone else. YMMV, I guess, but it worked perfectly for me.

6. awesomefabulous

awesomefabulous Active Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Yeah I would try to unsync/sync the FB contacts. I once had all of them disappear and this brought them back.

7. BRR

BRR Member

Nov 12, 2009

maybe this would have worked, but i was sure i tried that last night. So just to be sure i removed my facebook account from the phone, then synced my gmail contacts again, then i added my facebook account back and had it sync the contacts. And that worked. Maybe it was a little over kill, but it only took an extra minute or two.

8. cuddletighter

cuddletighter New Member

Dec 29, 2009
    I am having the opposite problem. Once I synced facebook contacts, my regular contacts disappeared. I had one of my regular contacts call me, and they photo I had for them and their number came up, but how can I find that contact (and others) in a list?

9. vr6dubbin

vr6dubbin Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2009
  10. cuddletighter

cuddletighter New Member

Dec 29, 2009
    Thanks vr6dubbin for the help. Just got the phone yesterday, and still learning on it.