1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Facebook contacts not showing pictures...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Verdigo998, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Verdigo998

Verdigo998 Newbie
    None

Oct 25, 2011
    I have my facebook account linked and synced, however their pics are not showing up in my contacts... They did when I had the Tapout edition before it got stolen. :/ I am running Icarus with the original home. I can't figure out what to do about it, I have tried resetting the option to to sync all contacts, just the contacts on my phone, and just the contacts on Facebook... nothing seems to work...

Any ideas would be helpful... Thanks!

Advertisement

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2011
    Palm Bay, Florida
    I think its Facebook its self. I noticed this a couple weeks ago when i tried to sync my Esteem to FB. It loads al the numbers but fails to gather the pictures also.

Oh and since the last 2 or 3 updates I dont get notifications in my status bar anymore either.

3. Verdigo998

Verdigo998 Newbie
    None

Oct 25, 2011
    I say we boycott Facebook until they get their act together... Oh... and by the way, has anyone else tried the new timeline home screen for them? I gotta say it's pretty sweet.

Any way upon closer inspection, I have noticed that three of my contacts, that I have neither messaged nor called nor used facebook to talk to, have pictures in their contacts... so maybe things are sorting themselves out...

:rolleyes:

4. Scur

Scur Android Expert
    None

May 1, 2011
    Male
    Illinois
    It's kinda random how the whole thing is working. My work around is using Friend Sync to pull in contacts from Facebook, then joining them with existing contacts to get all the info in one client spot.