1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Facebook doesn't sync all contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joehornback, May 27, 2011.

1. joehornback

joehornback Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 25, 2010
    Buyer for Flanders Precisionaire
    OK
    My name is Joe Hornback. My dad's name is also Joe Hornback. last week my dad set himself up a facebook page using my same name. My phone went nutz. It didn't know who that was and when I tried to manually link my dad's google contact to his FB page, HTC FACEBOOK FOR SENSE did not even recognize my dad's facebook page at all. So I uninstalled my FB on my phone and reset it back up, changed my name to Joe Wayne Hornback (And my facebook page as well) when it all came back up it found me and my dad separately and synced my google contacts with my FB pages no problem, except for, there are a few facebook contacts that HTC SENSE did not grab from my FB account. And they are weird ones, two in the A's, on in the B's, and that's all I see for now. There's no apostrophe's in any of their names. WHy wouldn't it grab all of my facebook friends and d/l them to the phone for syncing? I have installed and uninstalled, I did a factory reset. A I missing something?

Advertisement

2. joehornback

joehornback Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 25, 2010
    Buyer for Flanders Precisionaire
    OK
    Well, as a follow up, the thing finally grabbed all my FB contacts. Took it a day to get them all. Wonder what the hang up was?

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    we are actually having an issue on all of our htc phones with this. it very well could be a facebook issue. in the past they have made changes that take a week or so to settle in on the htc facebook side.

4. BHalbrooks

BHalbrooks Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Male
    Massachusetts
    I always wanted to post on here and ask, but I was entirely too lazy. It does this. Like my Mom, Dad, and best friend still don't get recognized. It makes no sense. It'll all just come together when it wants.

Tags: