1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Facebook doesn't sync all contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joehornback, May 27, 2011.

1. joehornback

joehornback Well-Known Member

My name is Joe Hornback. My dad's name is also Joe Hornback. last week my dad set himself up a facebook page using my same name. My phone went nutz. It didn't know who that was and when I tried to manually link my dad's google contact to his FB page, HTC FACEBOOK FOR SENSE did not even recognize my dad's facebook page at all. So I uninstalled my FB on my phone and reset it back up, changed my name to Joe Wayne Hornback (And my facebook page as well) when it all came back up it found me and my dad separately and synced my google contacts with my FB pages no problem, except for, there are a few facebook contacts that HTC SENSE did not grab from my FB account. And they are weird ones, two in the A's, on in the B's, and that's all I see for now. There's no apostrophe's in any of their names. WHy wouldn't it grab all of my facebook friends and d/l them to the phone for syncing? I have installed and uninstalled, I did a factory reset. A I missing something?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. joehornback

joehornback Well-Known Member

Well, as a follow up, the thing finally grabbed all my FB contacts. Took it a day to get them all. Wonder what the hang up was?

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

we are actually having an issue on all of our htc phones with this. it very well could be a facebook issue. in the past they have made changes that take a week or so to settle in on the htc facebook side.

4. BHalbrooks

BHalbrooks Well-Known Member

I always wanted to post on here and ask, but I was entirely too lazy. It does this. Like my Mom, Dad, and best friend still don't get recognized. It makes no sense. It'll all just come together when it wants.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews