• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook doesn't work over 4g

DrewFtw

Lurker
Aug 21, 2012
I've had this issue for about 2 months, Facebook will not load at all over 4g. I can't use the app, and i can't even go to the facebook website via browser, simply nothing loads.

It works fine over 3g/wifi but if I'm using 4g and I want to go to Facebook I have to turn off 4g and either use wifi/3g, as you can imagine thats quite that hassle.

Anyone else have this occur to them?

Update it. I had the same problem and updating it was the only way to solve it.
You know you'll have to do it eventually any ways

This doesn't fix the issue because it's not only the app it's also when trying to access Facebook on the browser.

Should we compile a list of our area's? Maybe we are all fairly close and it has something to do with a tower.

I live in Southwest Kansas, slim shot anyone else is around me lol.

Upvote 0
The FB app - Im rooted running stock .905. Haven't flashed anything that works for me as far as system stability, tweaks, battery life and coverage.

Saw something on the main forum about an authentication thing with 4G vs 3G. Made me think about the FB securities and what each person is accessing when the signal drops. I think if you leave the app open on someones comment or page that has restrictions, etc and then hit the home key - go about your biz until there's a timeout somewhere in the connection, requiring a new session next time the app is launched. 4G Authentication servers still have the old session info ... and boom, you've got this bug...

I just got off work so am still in debug/troubleshooting mode.... sorry if the above is confusing...

Upvote 0
Although I'm a little late to the party, my issue is pretty much the opposite of what many of you are experiencing. For about 3 months now, I have been unable to load Facebook when connected to WiFi. It works fine over 3G and 4G, but for whatever reason, I get a network error every time I'm connected to a WiFi network, which means I have to disable my WiFi just to connect to Facebook. This seemed to happen after one of their (Facebook's) updates as well. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Upvote 0
I installed the .232 ICS leak, and now Facebook works fine with 4G. Go figure!

I too live in Kansas (Wichita area) have done the UNinstall / REinstall, clear cashe partition, reset battery, pull Sim card, reboot, reinstall the app thing over and over. (Droid Bionic) everything other then FaceBook works perfectly on 4G. Facebook works just fine on Wifi, and 3G... Yes there is a bug, I think it has to do with authentication issues in the software? Not that being a computer programmer by trade makes me an expert on
anything?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones