• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Facebook" Error: "Can't connect" "Tap to retry".

Dear Members of the "Google" "Android" Community Forums,

I have a Software Error that does not allow me to connect to the "Facebook" Social Network. I am able to connect to it using a Laptop Personal Computer, but I am unable to connect to it using a "Samsung" "Galaxy" "J3" (2017) SmartPhone.

This Software Error is quite well-known. I have seen it reported on this Forum even back on April the first, 2014, that is, more than four years ago. I have started receiving it probably during the latest few months.

I have attempted a few Troubleshooting Tips, to no avail. For instance:

• Uninstalling the "Facebook" System Updates;
  • Re-updating the "Facebook" Software Application;
  • Clearing the Data and the Cache of the "Facebook" Software Application;
  • Resetting all of the Installed Software Applications;
  • Wiping out the Cache Partition;
  • Logging out of the "Facebook" Software Application;
  • Re-logging in the "Facebook" Software Application.

However, something must be fishy down there. I have reported the Issue to the "Facebook" Support Team, but - of course - they are not willing to help each and every person.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
DOBRESCU_Mihai.

UPDATE: 05-May-2018, 08:48 P.M. E.E.S.T.

With great, great delight, I have discovered that the Issue is gone after the Latest "Google" "Android" Operating System Update. So, if any of the above Troubleshooting Tips do not offer any kind of relief, then just wait for the Next Update.

Last edited:
Before you go resetting and deleting ...
These incompetent morons at Facebook if you unfollow a person or two will give yiu the error message
"Can't connect tap to retry "

Just re-follow someone you unfollowed and bang this idiotic nessage is gone and you'll have your normal news feed again...
If the morons at Facebook don't steal ideas and tech from others they can't do sh@#%t on their own...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones