• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook event won't disappear from calendar

Gnopps

Lurker
Aug 4, 2010
I am syncing my Facebook calendar with the one on my Galaxy S. There is an event that I was invited to 29jul-28Aug that won't go away from my calendar though!

I have declined it and also marked in the calendar that declined events should be hidden. Yet it is still there and the only way I can hide it is to leave out Facebook events all together.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this?

Cheers!

I have this too. The solution I figured out is going to your facebook mobile page, then to your event list, click on the event, and then scroll down and click 'remove event'.

After your calendar syncs, the event should be gone.
Hi, I am having the same problem with a charity event someone added and doesn't end for a month. I've declined the event and resynched but it is still there. This may sound like a silly question, but when you say got to the "Facebook MOBILE Page" is this from within the FB app on the phone, or within the FB website settings somewhere? Please advise, this is very frustrating.

Upvote 0
I've done that and it still didn't work, now I have an event that won't end until the end of the year cause of my dumbass friend.

*UPDATE* I just went to Apps under Settings and found Calender Storage in the Running Apps tab and cleared the data. It made the event go away and the other stuff re-synced just fine.

:adore:

THANKS! That solution worked for me too :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones