1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Facebook for Android app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Gato, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Gato

Gato Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    The new app is much better. Still not great but getting there. I thought I was going nuts but I saw a decent battery drain after installing it. I probably am going nuts but not because of this. I just saw this post from HTC on FB:

Hi folks, a number of you have commented on seeing a battery drain on your device since installing the new Facebook for Android app. We have identified the bug that is causing this battery drain and are working on a fix now. As soon as the patch is ready, we will push out an update. Thanks for the quick feedback and for your patience as we get this fixed!

Which means Verizon will push this to us sometime next year! :rolleyes:

Advertisement

2. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

You don't have to wait for it. Just go into the market and install the update.

3. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    California
    From Facebook for Android's Facebook page

BoBiGi likes this.
  4. omfgwtflawl

omfgwtflawl Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Dover, DE
    If they could just implement two things; 1) Notifications that I don't have to refresh for, and 2) When I click a notification I don't want to go to the mobile web browser.

This app wasn't half assed at all.
    /sarcasm.

5. gridbug

gridbug Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Definitely like the FB app, so much so that I took the bookmarks widget off my home screen and use the FB/Google Search/YouTube widgets instead! Glad to hear about the attention to the battery drain issue too!

:)

6. ThorSkaagi

ThorSkaagi Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Denver, CO
    I dig the new icon. I HATED the old one.

7. Nnnnr12

Nnnnr12 Member

Aug 6, 2010
    technician
    Above lagrande
    I have the facebook app installed on my eris to but I dont suffer from battery drain. I just installed advanced task killer the free version.(They do they same thing but one doesnt have ads.)

8. maddog015

maddog015 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Yeah, I definitely noticed a significant drain on my battery. I normally keep mine on airplane mode at work (get no signal anyway), yet by the end of the day, instead of being close to full, I was down to 50 percent. I installed ATK and there was the culprit. I had used facebook before I got to work and it was STILL running after 8 hours.

Hope this fix fixes it. Heh.

9. Gongadin

Gongadin Member

Jun 10, 2010
    So far the update (1.31) seems to be working much better for me regarding battery usage. My partial awake usage is back to normal, and my battery graph is not at a downward 45 deg angle anymore...

10. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    latest update allows to delete posts and comments :) that was always my biggest complaint. and the notifications opening in browser. they should open in the app