1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Facebook for Android - Connection Lost

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lumisade, Apr 21, 2012.

1. lumisade

lumisade Newbie

Hi, have recently upgraded facebook app to latest version 1.9. App will not even load newsfeed and after a while of loading, will announce 'connection lost'. I have tried with wi-fi and 3G. Have cleared data and cache, have uninstalled and reinstalled updates from Google Play. Also I will say that this problem has been here since I bought the phone not just after the update. Does anyone have any idea what to do?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. darklove

darklove Lurker

same here = galaxy s2

3. W2lter

W2lter Lurker

Samething happened to me this afternoon after i updated the fb app on my nook color running cm7 mod... I dnt knw if this will work for u guys but all i did was clear app data, and moved the app back to phone from sd.... After that the fb app launched fine... Jst enter ur log in info n ur set

4. BigRedPA

BigRedPA Lurker

Starting Friday, April 27th 2012, I have not been able to access the "News Feed" in Facebook for Android. Everything else; other Favorites, Groups, Apps, etc. seem to work. Have switched between WiFi & 4G and occurs on both. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Facebook for Android but still doesn't fix it. My smart phone is the htc Thunderbolt. I have no problems accessing the "News Feed" in Facebook on my laptop. So I feel that it has to do with something happening to Facebook for Android about Thursday/Friday, April 26th/27th 2012.
    Any Ideas on how to fix this?

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Unfortunately FB app is notoriously buggy and some updates are more buggy than others. I had to give up on the last update for the reasons mentioned above which I couldn't resolve via the usual methods (clear cache/data, un install etc) and use the mobile site instead.

It updated again yesterday and it seems to be a bit more stable since.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

FB App started playing up again on me last night similar to the issues outlined above.

I checked my quick settings and it had both wifi and mobile network ticked.... turned off mobile network and it's working fine again... might be worth checking?

7. doreen643

doreen643 Lurker

Goerygirl - Where do I find "quick settings". I've been having this connection lost for the past week! Ugh! I don't find a reference to it in facebook settings or normal settings but maybe I haven't dug far enough. Thanks for the help!

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hi

Quick settings of the phone not FB app; drag down the bar from the top of your phone screen and there you should be able to see if you have wifi and mobile ticked at same time? I find that with the recent FB app updates instead of prioritising wifi over mobile the two settings seem to fight each other.

doreen643 likes this.
  9. dint

dint Lurker

I think so but my problem is when i uncheck the wifi and i wanna use mobile data the problem occurred and i can't even open any other website. I really wonder now cos of my phone or cos fb app? if the problem come from the app i will remove it cos it's annoying i have to active or disactive airplane mode several time in other to make them work again (browser and fb). If anyone has any idea about this problem please share...

10. collegeboy

collegeboy Lurker

i am currently facing this problem, i tried everything and stil nothing. I use a samsung galaxy tab 10.1 please someone tell what should i do.

11. Driftfog

Driftfog Member

The Android FB app is so buggy awful and power hungry it should never have been released, just my opinion of course :D

FB should get their finger out as they could loose a massive market in a mobile future ;)

12. hi, whenever i login through my facebook app 1.9.10 it shows all the newsfeed nd comments n all but it does not show pictures??? even i only open the picture itself it wont show... my wifi works fine at downloading stuff but the only problem arises while viewing pictures on facebook...

13. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker

Hello and welcome to the forums - thanks for jouning :)

Have you tried clearing the cache for the Facebook app? I know that the app itself can be a little buggy... it could be worth switching to the mobile site... it's another option at least :D

14. yes i tried doing that but its of no use....mobile site sucks...i want the app to run smoothly...is there any specific version for desire hd???

15. Set the language to English and restart the phone.

16. Riyezana

Riyezana Lurker

This worked.
    It was in icelandic.
    I changed it back to English and rebooted and now it's fixed.
    Racist. Lol

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews