1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Facebook for Android or Facebook for HTC sense. Opinions.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by m_2010, May 21, 2011.

1. m_2010

m_2010 Lurker
    None

May 21, 2011
    The HTC desire being my first HTC phone I had never used the sense UI or any of its features previously, so had only had experience with the official facebook for android app from the Market.

Ive just set up facebook for htc sense with the friend stream etc and I'm rather impressed by it. Just wondered what your thoughts are on both these apps? here are mine.

Facebook for Android:

Pros

Has the chat function
    Official app from facebook so gets updated (eventually) with new features, although still way behind the iphone app apparently.

Cons

Doesnt allow tagging of photos
    Doesnt allow you to remove/delete a post/comment or that you have made or un-like something.

Facebook for HTC Sense

Pros
    Allows tagging of photos
    Allows multiple upload of photos to albums etc..
    Integrates extreemely well with the rest of HTC sense UI, and the phone features such as the people app, gallery etc..

Cons
    (most of these are things that I am not 100% sure on, so they are more like a question than a statement)

Not sure if the app gets updated when new features come out on facebook, or being as the app is shipped with the phone is it pretty much that what you get now is what it will always be, and no changes, or do HTC release updates for the sense features?
    I dont think the check in feature is available with this?
    I also dont think this app allowed you to delete a comment/post, althought I havent tried it yet, if it is possible, how is it done? Same with un-like...

What are you guys thoughts on both of these apps? Which do you prefer out of the 2?

Advertisement

2. ben_pyett

ben_pyett Member
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
    I personally still use the m.facebook.com website for facebook interaction on the phone. I found the facebook application a little too limited and clunky.

This way I don't get constant Facebook notifications, but get the ones that I have choosen in my FB settings to receive as alerts through new emails. I use both Yahoo and Google mail applications.

I have enabled Facebook for Sense, so that I still get the status updates, birthdays etc which then add value to my users from Google contacts...

3. ayeshasohail

ayeshasohail Lurker
    None

Apr 23, 2012
    I like the facebook for hTc sense but it ain't updating my statuses neither is allowing me to post on walls. It says unable to post. Can anyone help me out?

4. Meh

Meh Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 22, 2009
    Much prefer the official app. Facebook for HTC Sense is too intrusive in how it integrates into the rest of the phone. I like to keep Facebook "walled" as such, though some people like how it all blends in Sense. It doesn't really get updated with features either.

Tags: