1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Facebook for Android Update v1.7.1 didn't work!

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by 4ndr01d, Sep 17, 2011.

1. 4ndr01d

4ndr01d Newbie
    None

Jan 26, 2010
    I'm not sure about others, but the new update v1.7.1 definitely didn't work for me. Had to uninstall it. The last version before this new update is working fine.

This is new update for this version.. but it didn't work for me.
    Let see some of the bad comments & review from other users..

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Hmm, got the new update, and its now even faster than friendcaster on my phone (SGSL) now.

3. RdBrd83

RdBrd83 Member
    None

Mar 30, 2010
    Illinois
    This has actually been one of the few updates that I haven't ran into problems with...

Other than I don't really like that it now runs GPS every time I open it.

4. Stuntman

Stuntman Android Expert
    None

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    I have often skipped updates, but I got both 1.7 and 1.7.1. I didn't have any issues with it on my phone. On my tablet, it ran once and then didn't run again. I then uninstalled it and installed it again. After that, it worked fine without any issues.

One thing I noticed is that it seems to be affecting my notifications I get from FriendCaster. Not sure if it had anything to do with FB, the app or if it is just one of those quirks. Sometimes FC misses the notifications, but it happened more often since FB 1.7.

The FB app always seems to get so many negative comments. I've been wary of installing some updates as a result. It's difficult to determine if those comments are genuine or not. I have some suspicions about certain comments I have seen, not necessarily with FB, but with other apps, which make me wonder how reliable some comments are. It is not possible to really discuss those issues with the authors of those comments via app comments to determine their authenticity.

5. edsthing2

edsthing2 Newbie
    None

Nov 28, 2010
    I use to skip updates, but the past 4 updates have been amazing on my phone, facebook android are really catching up with the iphone facebook...