• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook for Android update

I have facebook for android on 1.5

You're right - it's in the market now. It wasn't when I first posted about it - for at least a week or so. Thanks for the heads up. anyone using with 1.5 and having issues? i've been using browsers with FB and have had a lot of issues recently. Is there any difference between FB for android and just using a browser? Dolphin seems to be the most solid with FB for me though not without issues.

Upvote 0
You're right - it's in the market now. It wasn't when I first posted about it - for at least a week or so. Thanks for the heads up. anyone using with 1.5 and having issues? i've been using browsers with FB and have had a lot of issues recently. Is there any difference between FB for android and just using a browser? Dolphin seems to be the most solid with FB for me though not without issues.

I think all of them have their pros and cons, so I use a combination of them depending on what I'm doing (app, mobile site, full site). The cons of the app are that you can't send an inbox message unless you're replying to one. You can't see recent activity updates on walls and I personally don't like how albums are done. Notifications need to be manually refreshed and clicking on them takes you to the browser. I've had some issues with the browser too. For a while the full site was showing blank walls but I see its fixed now, and the mobile site doesn't show some wall posts.

Upvote 0
Thanks for info. I was having the same issues with browsers and wall posts not showing up. I've used the stock, Opera, Skyfire and Dolphin browsers and oddly, they all had different issues with Facebook with Dolphin being the most reliable. I believe the Facebook for Android issues are similar to what's happening when using browsers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones