1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Facebook for Android

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by JamBon87, Oct 19, 2010.

1. JamBon87

JamBon87 Active Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Any ideas if this thing will everrrrrrrrrrrr get updated? The word garbage comes to mind!

Advertisement

2. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Miranda
    latest version runs fine for me, but the facebook web touch interface is still superior.

3. JamBon87

JamBon87 Active Member

Sep 29, 2010
    it runs fine it just needs updating majorly. the fact tht it needs to open the browser to view your notifications really winds me up. sometimes ya dont get the notifications. it just needs to be more adaptable and more customised!

4. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto

Sep 14, 2010
    Pilates Instructor
    South of Boston, MA
    I've yet to find a FB app that was worth anything. The inability to have the Most Recent feed (instead of crap that happened 19 hours ago) drives me nuts. I prefer the full browser.

5. DROIDdidME

DROIDdidME Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Needs to be like the iPhone Facebook app, which happens to be 100 times better than what us Android users were given :/

I really don't understand why they can't make it the same

6. I really doubt it'll ever get updated

7. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!

Jun 6, 2010
    Westchester, NY
    i came to this forum to make a similar post. I have both an iphone and an android, IMO the Android is far far far superior, obviously.

But wow the apps for Facebook are no comparison!!

I dont get how we can modify the entire OS of this platform, and there is literally no approval process at all on the market place, but nobody can grab source somehow and mod this bish??

I cannot wait for the day someone takes the iphone app and clones it for us. I cant believe facebook hasnt done this just to grab us as addicted users!

what gives??