1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Facebook for HTC Sense & People Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 13und2008, Jun 2, 2011.

1. 13und2008

13und2008 Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    Hiya all,

Just a brief question I have that concerns Facebook for HTC Sense sync and my contacts/people.

Upon doing a hard reset of my Dinc, I decided to sync Facebook (Sense) after adding all of my contacts. Now, when I go into messages and type in a name to send the message to, all names in my People that fit the characters entered appear, along with the e-mail addresses and phone numbers ("+1-555-555-5555") of contacts in Facebook that match the criteria.

My question is this: Can I keep the Facebook sync active (so that contacts in People are sync'ed with their accounts), but prevent the e-mail addresses and phone numbers from Facebook (which are essentially invalid destinations) from appearing when I type in the "To:" box in messages?

Thanks for reading and in advance for any help possible!

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Yes, when in the people app, hit menu, then select view and you can choose what people you see.

3. 13und2008

13und2008 Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    I am aware of that. When I have Facebook sync'ed, I always uncheck view Facebook contacts in the people app, but when I'm entering a name or numbers into the to: field, I still get numbers and e-mail addresses taken from Facebook. I would like to prevent that so that I don't have a million options when selecting who the message goes to.

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    Hmm, that's weird, that doesn't happen to me. I'll look into my settings further.

Edit: on further inspection, it does happen to me, just never noticed.

Edit again: I don't see a way to keep them from showing up in that field unless they are removed from the phone. I guess "they" figured you'd like to have the email addresses populate in those situations even though they are hidden from view in the people app.
    Just another reason not to "friend" everybody you can in facebook and stick with the people you actually talk to.

5. tuningpeg

tuningpeg Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    When you add your facebook account in the FB app, it will ask you if you want to sync all, sync only with existing contacts, or sync none - use FB info only in FB. You want to chose the sync none option. I was having the same issue and finding it really annoying, so I deleted my FB account from my phone. Then set it up again with this third option. problem fixed!

6. tuningpeg

tuningpeg Lurker
    None

Jun 4, 2011
    Oh, you can get there from the FB settings as well. You just have to select don't sync. Unfortunately, if you sync anything with FB it seems it will also be in your messaging, email, etc.