• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook for HTC Sense- Permanent Delete

Upvote 0
1. The user does not want FB - regardless. I didn't either, but the f-ing icon is still on my phone after uninstalling everything I could.

2. You cannot remove this program, and others like it i.e. Amazon MP3 - I have a Droid 1 Verizon. These programs have access to all your info, things you do with the phone etc. Creeping me out, just like the screen that says "So and So will miss you if you leave" when you try to deactivate your account on Face Zombie.

3. A user said that a rooting of the phone would be required. Probably, and probably these f-heads that are spying on you all the time will figure out another way to f-you in the non-f-hole. Regardless you bUy the phone either through signing a contract(plus cash), etc etc. This is youR phone people, shouldn't you be able to remove an application from a company? It's like a forced bundle, like IE being forced, like tyson being forced in bed with your sweetheart, does that feel good to you?

4. Don't mind me, I am just watching through your window aka Google.

Peace Out.

Dirka

Reactions: Ahmad America
Upvote 0
Are you talking about the FB of HTC Sense Settings????

Menu->Settings->Accts & Sync-FB for HTC Sense->

I just picked up the EVO 3D and I already have the same problem as everyone. Mine comes with Android 3 (Gingerbread). I'm not sure if that could be the difference, but when I go in, similar to the above, I have the option to "remove account."

What was interesting is I was trying to download FB for Android and it would never download. Once I "removed" FB Sense, I was able to download FB for Android. I'm already working with my sync and seeing everything I should have been seeing.

Upvote 0
1. The user does not want FB - regardless. I didn't either, but the f-ing icon is still on my phone after uninstalling everything I could.

2. You cannot remove this program, and others like it i.e. Amazon MP3 - I have a Droid 1 Verizon. These programs have access to all your info, things you do with the phone etc. Creeping me out, just like the screen that says "So and So will miss you if you leave" when you try to deactivate your account on Face Zombie.

3. A user said that a rooting of the phone would be required. Probably, and probably these f-heads that are spying on you all the time will figure out another way to f-you in the non-f-hole. Regardless you bUy the phone either through signing a contract(plus cash), etc etc. This is youR phone people, shouldn't you be able to remove an application from a company? It's like a forced bundle, like IE being forced, like tyson being forced in bed with your sweetheart, does that feel good to you?

4. Don't mind me, I am just watching through your window aka Google.

Peace Out.

Dirka

It's almost 2017... Not sure how I came across this thread... got an HTC One M9... trying to get rid of FB HTC Sense...

And all of these answers... how people like the app... why do you want to get rid of it... come on... the question was... how to get rid of it... and Dirka nailed it...

It doesn't matter why...

New to the forums... so I'm not sure if this is how you guys chat on here... but it's a bit frustrating when you're trying to collaborate with people for a particular solution and others are filling pages with suggestions on not doing what you wanted help doing...

Glad to hear you love the app... but I think this thread is about how to get rid of it...

Anyway... if you have a helpful way to remove these apps without rooting... please LMK... and if there's anything I can do to help, then LMK, too...

Thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones