• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook group?

Easier to go on Facebook app instead of going into the browser every time unless there's an app for this site.

I use a browser dedicated to this site.
Simply choose a browser, log into Android Forums, copy the link, and then paste it as the homepage.

That browser will now open directly to this site, and as long as you do not clear the cookies, you will be logged in.

Upvote 0
Does anyone remember the dark days of attempting to use this site via Tapatalk? I'm so glad that app died the fiery death it deserved. These days the web browser is my primary app on my phone/tablet. I don't need a few dozen apps for each individual website when one would suffice.

Did you know that everything from Google Maps, to YouTube, to Search, to Photos to even the darned Play Store can be used via a simple web browser? Why would anyone need an app drawer filled with redundancies anyway? That's like the cluttered Windows 98 desktop of yore (which I sadly deal with at work still since the owner/boss must put every website, app shortcut and document on the desktop since pinning to start doesn't exist as far as she's concerned)

Upvote 0
I just hated how no matter what, if you dared to browse any forum online from your phone/tablet it popped up endless nags to install the crazy app. I didn't want an app to access a website I could use just fine, thank you. Besides, the app was half usable.

IMG_1403.PNG

You could already have multiple forums in one place without Tapatalk. It's called browser bookmarks or proper utilization of Top Sites. Just place all those forums in Top Sites and it was literally a tap away. Fully functional as well. (I never could stand mobile sites; We have desktop-level browsing on tablets and smartphones. I don't like seeing the site gimped as if I were browsing from GPRS on a 2004 Nokia)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just hated how no matter what, if you dared to browse any forum online from your phone/tablet it popped up endless nags to install the crazy app. I didn't want an app to access a website I could use just fine, thank you. Besides, the app was half usable.

You could already have multiple forums in one place without Tapatalk. It's called browser bookmarks or proper utilization of Top Sites. Just place all those forums in Top Sites and it was literally a tap away. Fully functional as well. (I never could stand mobile sites)
I'm not going to lie, TT, before they got too big for their britches, did its one thing (forums) and did it real well. Just when they shifted their business model from being a lightweight front end for forums to monetizing your activity on said forums they lost me. Oh, and storing passwords in plain text.

Reactions: Clementine_3
Upvote 0
I guess I was never their target audience. I mean I was used to (still am) browsing via a web browser. Tablets and smartphones--heck, even the 2007 iPhone was advertised for having a 'desktop class browser' which Android also did well, if not better. I hate sites neutered as if I'm using a Motorola RAZR VIII or something. Tapatalk when it did work was different enough to be frustrating--I had only used it to ditch the stupid pop-up. It sucked hard. Maybe I'm just too old fashioned. There was no uBlock for mobile web browsers at the time. Tapping 'cancel' on the pop-up only worked until you refreshed the site and it came up again. It totally angered me to see it.

bfbd06349a718c08e469335313e5b8487603188d-2175240105.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones