1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Facebook has stopped

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Rob, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator Thread Starter

I keep getting this error message popping up over all my screens persistently. Every few minutes.
    No clue why it's happening since this seems to have appeared out of nowhere.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Have you tried the usual fixes, cleared cache/data etc?

Looking at recent reviews on the play store, you're not alone and I see it's just been updated so I presume it's an issue with the update. Have you tried rolling back to a previous version? You should be able to find one on apkmirror.

3. I was having the same issue. I was using the Facebook Beta app, now i went back to the standard Facebook app with no issues. If your on the beta version that could be the issue.

El Presidente likes this.
  4. pm5544

pm5544 Android Enthusiast

The issue is on the current update 130 and the previous 129, it seems to be affecting certain systems on android only, one being lollipop 5.1.1. and android 7.0

I have rolled back to version 128 which has no such problem.

El Presidente likes this.
  5. pm5544

Which number version of the Facebook App did you go back to? plus which android version?

6. cedwards1093

cedwards1093 Lurker

I am using version 135 on my GS8+ and my app keeps crashing. How do I install an older version?

7. pm5544

<font color ='#9e9e9e'>cedwards1093 </font>
    <font color ='#9e9e9e'>I am using version 135 on my GS8+ and my app keeps crashing. How do I install an older version </font>

Corrected link.

#7 pm5544, Aug 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  8. pm5544

<font color ='#9e9e9e'>pm5544 </font>
    <font color ='#9e9e9e'>Hi, </font>

<font color ='#9e9e9e'>First of all uninstall all Facebook apps currently on your phone then reboot. Then go to settings then security and allow installation of apps from unknown sources, after you have done this go to this link and install version 128. After you've installed it go back to settings and untick the unknown sources. </font>
    <font color ='#9e9e9e'>Let me know how you get on, link below. </font>

https://facebook.en.uptodown.com/android/download/1631855

Hunter stuart likes this.

Facebook

Facebook Forum

com.facebook.katana

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs